ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖 ✔️

D E T E N T I O N  W I T H  U M B R I D G E

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣ ⋅ .

    𝓣he truce Kingsley showed was a silent one

    𝓣he truce Kingsley showed was a silent one. Soraya had no clue if it was usually how he was during the end of a disagreement he lost since they've never had one before, but she didn't like it. She was suppose to be the one ghosting around the home and saying the bare minimum, not her father. She was still suppose to hold just a tiny bit of anger, not him settling in the fact and going quiet. But maybe this was just fathers with their daughters — Kingsley with Soraya — and she was going to have to deal with it for however long it lasts.

Predictably, Christmas was rather odd, but thankfully it was the best. On the cold morning, Soraya had saw more gifts under the white Christmas tree than there ever has been before. Her father informed her that her friends had sent them in this morning while she ripped them all open as though she was five again expecting a brand new doll. She had gotten tons of History books which wasn't at all surprising as her constant asks are of what or who something / someone is. She greatly appreciated them along with the new yarns and threads, Charms books, and perfumes she got.

At the table where her father prepared dinner with the small ham he had received from Mrs Kim, she had given him his gift, which was a book on magical philosophy. It was his favorite subject and instantly upon receiving it, he quietly thanked her and quickly indulge in reading it. Then she spent the rest of the morning and half the afternoon by herself ice skating in the pond in the backyard until Remus came by an hour till evening to hand her a gift and join her on the pond for a late skate and dinner.

There was little to no excitement about having to go back to Hogwarts once the new year came and the holiday was ending. Soraya's relationship with her father returned to normal and she was now fighting the impulse to tell him that she didn't like anything in Hogwarts besides her friends and Professor Sprout, but there was no turning back now. 

Then, on the very last day of the holiday, something happened that made her positively dread her return to school and almost beg for her stay home.

"Hey, Soraya," her father called. Soraya looked up from her book just as he opened her bedroom door. His face was up in concern and he held up a letter. "I got a letter from Professor Umbridge, you have detention with her?"

Soraya didn't say anything but slowly shut her book. Why was Professor Umbridge so adamant about her coming to her detentions? She kept avoiding them, so why doesn't she quit and face the fact that she can possibly find another way to avoid them?

"What does it say?" Soraya asked.

Kingsley sniffed and rose up the letter to skim read it.