Chapter 122: Wedding Surprise

Start from the beginning

With a bright face and full smile, I stared into his lovely blue eyes and repeated.

“Jade Alejandro... I take you to be my beloved husband. I will love you unconditionally and without hesitation. For it is your heart that moves me, your spirit that inspires me, your humor that delights me. And your hands, I want to hold for all of our days.”

I Promise to be your perfect wife. I Promise to be your perfect wife. I Promise to be your perfect wife. My perfect wife will be you. Your perfect wife will be me.

I promise to love, respect and trust you. And for I know that together, we will build a life far better than either of us can imagine, alone." Then Sapphire fixed his own ring to his ring finger, and the audience applauded, again.

Just after taking the wedding vows... The priest smiled and said:  “With the power invested in me by the State of Los Angeles, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss your bride.” the priest stated.

Jade leaned in and place his lips on Sapphire’s, softly like he’s never done it before. Jade deepened the kiss a little more when they suddenly heard a thunderous gunshot.

The splash of blood stained sapphire’s face as she turned to the body, then dropped right next to her. She noticed the black hat from earlier beside her. Looking by her side, Sapphire eyes widened in amazement to see who it was... Chloe Charles.

The bullet punched its way through her neck, causing a gaping hole in its wake that quickly filled with blood and gushed out. Out striking, they heard more gunshots. Terrified, Chloe fell to the ground, a pool of blood forming around her neck and chest into her red clothes as she choked to death on it.

The crowd roared to the deafening gunshot in fear. They hide in between the chairs while those at the front roll watched with dropped jaws.

Suddenly, Ace wanted to pull the trigger again when one bouncer securing the place gave him a fast kick in the face. Jade fell to the ground immediately as the other bouncers handcuffed him. There was hate and bitterness in his eyes as he struggled with them.

“I should have married her before you had the chance to. Perhaps, I’ll be a freed someday. Happy married life, cousin.” A malicious grin appeared on Ace’s lips as they pushed him out of the church.

Meanwhile, Chloe was still struggling, as if she wanted to say something. Jade and Sapphire rushed to her while she bled. She’s collected the bullet in Jade’s place.

“I’m... Sorry, Jade. I... Didn’t tell you that.” Her lips stuttered the words.

“Don’t worry, Chloe. I forgive you.” Jade held her hand with tears in his eyes.

“I forgive you too.” Sapphire muttered. Hoping she would make it.

“Too bad, we... weren’t destined to get married.” She explained to Jade.
“B...ut I didn’t want to miss your wedding. I'm so... Sorry I had to ruin it, Jade.” Her black eyes blurred for what seemed an eternity, leading her to the subconscious of her mind.

“You’ll be fine, Chloe. Just hang in there. The ambulance would be here in no time.” Jade begged.

With this, a tired smile formed on her flushed face, but it was difficult. Looking at her face, once could imagine how much she struggled with speaking.

“H..happy married life, Saph. I know you’ll be a better wife than I ever would. Sorry for ruining your wedding dress. Count it as a... blessing.”

With a soft breath, her hand dropped to the ground as her eyes closed. The warmth of life stolen by the icy embrace of death was a sad one. Chloe died before the ambulance arrived.

About to leave, a hand grabbed Jade from the side. It was Denver.

“I’m sorry to stop you like this but, there’s something important I need to discuss with you.”

“I don’t want to hear any of it!” Jade hissed.
“I wonder what you still want from me.” Jade’s eyes searched Denver’s in distrust.

They went to a corner to discuss.
“What is it now?”

Denver brought out a letter and handed it to Jade. It was about him, handing the whole of B.B company to Jade.

“What? What’s this?!” A frowned appeared on his handsome face.

“Grandpa asked me to give you. Actually, during our last family meeting. After you and Ace left, he called he into his room and told me that the entire company would be for you. You are the true heir, Jade.” His lips curved into a smile.

“What? What about you, Den?” Jade asked, searching Denver’s.

“I already have my company. I’ve had enough and I want nothing more. I know I’ve done and said lots of things to spite you. At first, when I learnt about my identity. My mission was to take revenge at all costs but... Knowing mum didn’t know I escaped the accident made me forgive her. She must have gone through a lot and I might have lost her if not for you by her side. I hated you more for taking my space. But knowing you want to make me do better. Become better. I’ve seen you give up on your family and business because of your selfless love for Sapphire. I hope someday I’ll find my dream girl, too.” Denver admitted in sincerity.

Jade smiled. He couldn’t believe it was Denver standing in front of him.

“Let’s be friends, brothers and business partners.” Denver proposed.

“Call me big brother.” Jade fired, rather rudely.

“What?” Denver raised an eyebrow at what Jade had just said.

“Yes, I’m older than you.” He pointed out with pride.

Denver smiled at Jade’s words. With a one month interval, right?
“Yes. Legally, I’m still your older brother.” Jade convinced him. 

“Okay, fine, big bro.” They both giggled at each other and held themselves in a brotherly hug.

And Jade just realized that. As he lost a friend, sister and probably business partner — Chloe Charles. He’d also gotten a new friend, brother and probably a business partner — Denver. Although, Chloe deserved a happy ending as well. But... Maybe everything was predestined. And the chairman had his ways, as usual.

 And the chairman had his ways, as usual

***

***

Now, I wish Chloe actually survived. But she'd done wine good thing in her life, haven't she? Dying for Sapphade's love is worth it.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share this amazing novel on your notification board. Stay tuned for the next update. Have a wonderful day ahead.