Chapter 30: Eight Hundred Million?

Early the next morning.

The driver sent by Lisa was already waiting outside the gate of the villa. The driver was already arranged by Lisa last night to bring Irene to meet the lawyer who previously worked for the Bae family.

Irene dressed up specially for the occasion. She put on an animal print mini dress and paired with her denim jacket. She looked extremely elegant and energetic in her outfit.

Irene got into the car early in the morning, but halfway through their journey, she suddenly realized that the place where the driver was driving her to looked extremely familiar

"Are we heading to the cemetery?"

"Yes, Miss Bae. Lawyer Song died of liver cancer two years ago," the driver replied flatly.

Irene was shocked as she had not expected this to happen. She then asked, "Did he leave any family behind?"

"Miss Bae, you can rest assured. Second Young Miss already planned out everything for them even though both the mother and son do not deserve his kindness at all," the driver replied once again.

After listening to the driver's words, the expression on Irene's face changed immediately. Therefore, she asked the driver once again, "Has Lisa always been in touch with the Bae family lawyer?"

"Isn't it obvious?" The driver replied as he smiled.

"After visiting the cemetery, could you please bring me to visit the lawyer's family?" Irene quickly asked as her doubts are increasing. She could vaguely guess what had happened but she was afraid that she might be overthinking everything.

"Yes, sure. However, Miss Bae, be sure to pay attention and distinguish between what is true and what is false when the mother and son are speaking as not everything that they say is true."

Irene nodded before lowering her head. She understood what the driver was trying to tell her.

It seemed that everyone that Lisa sent to look after her was always someone that Lisa trusted personally. This seemed to be the case when it came to CL and also the driver today.

The driver continued driving and soon, they arrived at the largest cemetery in Seoul City. Irene bought a bunch of flowers at the foot of the hill as a token of respect for the lawyer.

She had not expected that her benefactor would be gone so soon. In the past, she was still so young and therefore, when the burden of the debt that her mother had left behind was passed on to her, all she wanted to do was escape. However, that Lawyer Song had helped her out and, in the end, left her with completely no debt at all. After years of taking care of her grandfather who was ill, and after entering the entertainment industry, she tried looking for Lawyer Song to no avail.

Unexpectedly, the next time that she saw her benefactor would be in this manner. Irene subconsciously stood in front of Lawyer Song's tomb for two hours.