Part 18. Hiding from my problems

Before long you were hidden in the closet behind some random objects used by the former professor. The only light keeping the small space from the darkness is your vest which is still glowing a bright yellow. Only a few more minutes till it goes out, maybe even seconds. You sit quietly waiting for the game to start. After all that's when it gets interesting. Soon enough your vest goes dark.

However, only a few minutes after it does so you hear noises outside the closet. It couldn't be the seekers the game only just started for them, they wouldn't be able to get here that fast. You hold your breath, the closet suddenly bursts open revealing an equally dark classroom. Someone quickly climbs into the closet with you. Keep in mind it is a fairly small closet and there isn't much room to move.

"What the hell?" You ask being quiet, "Who the hell are y-"

"Shhh" They cut you off. Rude.

"Sorry i jus-" Now they cut you off by placing their hand over your mouth.

"They're coming," they whisper. Who are they? You look at them with a confused look, as they slowly move you both so you are both consoled more in the contents of the closet. Once more the doors open only this time you can tell it's a seeker. They start looking around all the objects looking for the both of you. They quickly gave up, most likely thinking there was no room for people to hide in here. Wow were they wrong. One they leave the confined space that is this closet, you look at your silencer. One of the first things you notice is their bright ginger hair, then the freckles that dotted their face and neck. Their strong arms that were wrapped around you to take up the least amount of space possible. The cut that ran vertically across their right eyebrow. Their scent smells like a combination of cinnamon, broom polish, sweets including acid pops, and finally gunpowder. You were starting to realise who was holding you now however the final hint that gave in away were the chocolate brown eyes you fell for years ago.

Fred.

Your eyes get wide, this cannot be happening right now. You can't be trapped in a closet with Fred Weasley, the one person you've been trying to avoid most. He seems to realise what was happening because his eyes also get wide. We both notice our position.

His left arm wrapped around your waist pulling you in close, his right hand covering your mouth. You were so close your noses were almost touching. If his hand wasn't covering your mouth your breaths would be mingling. After a minute or so he slowly removes his hand from your mouth and backs away.

"Y/N let me expl-" He starts but you cut him off, "No, just leave me alone ok"

"Y/N-"

"No"

"Please." His eyes start to gloss over.

Is he going to cry? Surely not Fred Weasley doesn't cry. And he most definitely doesn't cry over silly girls like me. You think. His head is now hung low, without thinking you run out of the closet. You needed space and fresh air. You couldn't be all cramped up with Fred in that small closet with musty air.

You stop and take a breath of air from the much larger classroom, it wasn't anything compared to the night air in the courtyard but it was better. You turn to look around and are met with two pairs of eyes. Oh shit! The seekers were still in the room. You start to run, you are reasonably faster than most of the kids in your year. However the seekers easily catch you, You soon realise why they were two lengthy quidditch players, based on their size and athletic structure they definitely easily caught you. You see a bright light flash on your vest and then you back in the common room.

Only a few people had been caught, nevertheless it is a reasonable amount for this far in the game. You look and see autumn in a far corner looking bored as ever. You look around, it doesn't seem that her sister or Jacob were back yet. You walk over and sit next to her.

"Hey" You start.

"Hey?"

You chuckle "You alright there?"

"Um Yeah, it's just not a lot of people like to talk to me." She says looking down.

"Oh I'm sorry, I want to talk to you. I mean I thought you were really popular. Right? So wouldn't that mean everyone would want to talk to you?"

She lets out a small laugh, "Wouldn't you know?"

"What do you mean?" You say laughing.

"You're like one of the most popular girls in this school!"

"Me? Please." You were really laughing now.

"Yes you, you should have heard the boys when they heard about the ball! Almost all of them were arguing about who would ask you."

"No way"

"Yes way!"

You both start laughing, You continue to talk to her for the rest of the game. Her sister, Which you had found out her name was Summer (Once again change it if you have the same name if you want) and Jacob came back. They must have had some good hiding spots.

Even though the Fred drama you were happy , you were still making friends.
___________________

Very short chapter. Yeah.

So I'm am so sorry I haven't posted in what? One month, two months?

So when school started again I signed up for a lot of extra activity's. So a bunch of my time was taken up by that.

Also I am having trouble writing the next chapters. So guess what? I've decided to rewrite my old (and extremely cringy) chapters. Thought you all should be aware. It won't affect the story line to much (I don't think) so if you want to you can just keep reading as you would. (If I could ever post a chapter on time)

But yes if you want sometime. There will be rewritten chapters for the first few. Not all of them. But a few.

Either way I hope you have a good day/night. And as always, drink water, eat something, and cause mischief! See you in the next one!

-Random