Chapter 8

Ben POV

I sat and watched Allen as he slept, running my hand through his hair. His mouth was parted slightly as he breathed slowly and evenly. I grabbed one of the sheets and covered him up as I heard Terry walk up.

"Your brother is here to see you, Master Benjamin. I would suggest that you put on some pants."

I growled at my old friend, who simply chuckled as he placed two sets of clothes at the foot of the bed. I kissed my beautiful mate on the forehead before getting up and getting dressed. Terry had picked out a dark blue long sleeve dress shirt, a silver cravat, a black vest, a pair of black slacks, and my loafers. When I was dressed, I headed to the library. There, I was met by my brother and his apprentice.

My brother was not so by blood. I was adopted into a kitsune family when I was only two years old after the pack I was born into was slaughtered by a group of rouges. My mother used all of her strength to get me away from the lands, but the rouges pursued her. She came across my adoptive parents while running and begged my foster father to take me so that I would live. As he took me in his arms, the rouges attacked my mother and killed her. The man who was holding me handed me to his wife as he unleashed the flames of Hell upon the rouges, sending them to the Underworld itself. I grew up with one older brother named Daisuke, an older sister named Chie and helped care for my younger brother Takumi.

"Benji! How's my little brother doing?" Daisuke said before he sniffed the air. "Oh my. Someone's gotten lucky recently."

I flicked one of his fox ears before we both started laughing and embraced each other. "It's good to see you Nii-san."

"Good to see you, too, Tamotsu-kun."

Upon further examination, I noticed that Daisuke had two more tails since I last saw him, giving him a total of six tails.

"Three more and you'll take dad's place, huh?"

"Yep, that's why I'm training Dante here. so that I can get used to feeling old."

Dante groaned and smacked his palm against his forehead. Daisuke's apprentice look almost exactly like Dante from the Devil May Cry video game series. Long white hair, leather pants, red duster, even had a large sword on his back.

"So, is his name actually Dante?" I inquired. Dante simply sighed and said something that sounded like "Stupid old man."

"Dante is half demon and half human. He also has a twin brother and a younger brother," Daisuke pointed out.

"Lemme guess, their names are Vergil and Nero?" The growl from Dante confirmed that. "So, what is my brother training you in?"

"Daisuke-sensei is training me in swordsmanship and magic."

"He's a good teacher." I leaned in closer to Dante. "When he's not acting like a child, that is."

Dante nodded in agreement and we both got punched in the back of the head.

"Gomen-nasai," we said in unison from our spots on the ground.

As I was getting up, my Allen-kun walked in wearing a pair of red skinny jeans and one of my old Black Sabbath shirts. He saw the lump on my head and rushed over to my side. Then he glared at my brother and started unloading a rant on him.

"Allen," he stopped and looked at me, "this is my older brother, Daisuke." He froze. "Daisuke, this is my mate Allen."

"Imsosorryididntknowthatyouweremymatesbrotherpleaseforgivemeformyrant."

Daisuke blinked a couple times before actually saying something. "N-no... problem... Seiteki-kun." This time, I punched my brother in the back of the head.

"Baka ojiisan!"

Allen POV

Ben had just hit his brother on the head for calling me a name I didn't understand the meaning of. I turned to the white haired boy in the room and asked for him to translate for me, as they were shouting at each other in what sounded like Japanese.

"Who're you calling an old man, Dog Ears?"

"You, ya moron!"

"Is that right?"

"Yeah, pervy fox."

"That does it! I'm gonna pound you into dust!" The smell of roasted apples filled the air as a crimson energy surrounded Daisuke.

"Bring it on!" Ben yelled as the smell of sea water blended with the scent of the apples and a light blue energy surrounded him.

The white haired boy stepped forward, releasing his own energy as a royal violet aura surrounded him, adding lavender to the mixture of scents. "That's enough you two! You can settle this later!"

"Buzz off, brat!" they both yelled at him.

His eye twitched as his aura was now the same size as the other two and he placed his hand on the hilt of the sword on his back.

I sighed and started looking for the thickest, heaviest book I could hold. When I found the book, I went over to them and jumped up. There was a second bump on everyone's head as they all laid face down on the floor.

A muffled, unanimous "We're sorry," came through and I helped my mate up first, then his brother, and finally the white haired boy. I pecked Ben on the lips as an apology and verbally apologized to the other two, saying that it was a bit ridiculous what they were fighting about. And also noting that roasting apples, sea water, and lavender is not a good combination of scents. They all hung there heads as I scolded them

Alright kid! Jeez! I think they get it! Lang, Ben's wolf, said to me telepathically.

Great, now I have a family of kitsune to meet. This is going to fantastic.