"I do better work alone just bring Grace in here when she arrives." I nodded and he bowed as I stepped out of the room closing the door behind me. "Wait!" I opened the door slowly and leaned my head in.

"Yes, Jefferson what is it?" He ran his hand over the fabrics indicating he was lost.

"What do you want the dress to be; dark or light?" I smirked at him and he tilted his head awaiting my answer.

"Grace always picks good colors out ask her when she gets here." I pulled my head back and closed the door walking away heels clicking on the stonework floor hoping to intimidate him as I walked away.

I looked around my chamber before I pulled out a small jewelry box. I ran my fingers over the silver detailed pattern that made its way around the box. I admired the great detail put into every small individual flake of silver that was molded into it. I gingerly opened it looking at the gold chain which contained the engagement ring my fiancée had given me before he died. I can never love another person as much as I loved him. I closed my eyes and ran my fingers over the ring and I bit my lip fighting back tears. I heard a knock at the door and I quickly tucked the box and the necklace under a loose floorboard. I quickly placed the board back over the hiding place and I stood up. I made my way to the door and I just reached for the knob when there was another hard knock on the door. I gritted my teeth as I gripped the door knob turning it as I pulled the door open.

"Graham!" He bowed and Grace smiled while bowing as well. "Grace. Hello darling I'll walk her to her father." Graham nodded without saying a word and turned on his heels leaving me alone with Grace.

"Your majesty thank you for letting Papa and I come to your ball tonight." I smiled and she took my arm as we walked down the hall towards my fitting room.

"You are welcome. Your father needs your help with picking out material for my dress since you always pick out such beautiful contrasting colors I thought you might want to help him." She smiled at me and I opened the door letting her walk in first.

"Papa!" She exclaimed as she ran towards him. He sat down a ream of fabric and hugged her swinging her through the air. I couldn't help but smile thinking about when I was young and my father used to do that with me. I always was more of his daughter rather than my mother. My mother was cold and heartless never caring about what I wanted just about what she wanted but couldn't have. That's what got the love of my life killed, my mother's selfish want for me to be rich and royal. I never wanted that though I can't imagine my life without it now.

"Your majesty?" I was snapped back to reality by Grace's warm smile and her bright hopefully eyes. "It's a surprise. You can't see it." I nodded and looked at Jefferson, who had stopped what he was doing to look at me.

"I will be back in three hours. I hope you are done by then." He nodded and Grace kneeled next to him. She smiled up at him and he chuckled.

"Don't worry your majesty Grace will keep me on my toes." She waved as I stepped out and closed the door.

~

The ball starts in three hours and I need my dress and mask. I can't be recognized by my subjects tonight. I want to know why they hate me so much. I walked out of my chamber and started towards the fitting room for the third time today which is odd because I rarely ever go over to that side of the castle because Snow's room is there. Though I am the one who chased her out of the castle and into the Dark Forrest I can't bring myself to walk into her old childhood room where the fairest of them all once spent her days as a child.

I knocked on the door and opened it slowly as I stepped in. The mannequin, that was molded so it was the same size and shape as me, was now covered fully hiding the dress from me. Grace smiled at me and skipped over.