"Those things outside don't care!"

"Maybe you should go join them, then!" Kenny said angrily, hand on Lolly's shoulder. "You'll have somethin' in common!"

"Goddamn it, Lilly!" The old man said. "You have to control these people!"

"Carley and Glenn just ran out there!" She said angrily.

"I don't give a flying fuck! We're in a warzone!"

Lee groaned. "She's an asshole, that's for sure."

She straightened up. "If that's what it takes."

"Well, you don't gotta be a bitch about it!"

"Son of a bitch!" The old man was looking down at Luna. "One of them is bitten!"

"She wasn't bitten!" Lee said.

"The hell she wasn't!" The old man took a step towards her. "We've got to end this. Now!"

Kenny stepped in front of her as Katjaa sat her up on the counter, trying to see if she had been bitten. "Over my dead body."

"We'll dig one hole."

"No! I'm cleaning her up!" Katjaa wiped blood off Luna's arms. "She's fine! There's no bite!"

"Don't you fucking people get it? We've already seen this! We let someone in with a bite, and we all end up bitten!"

"Shut up!" Kenny said through his teeth.

"We've got to throw her out! Or smash her head in!"

"Kenny!" Katjaa begged. "Stop him!"

"Dad, it's just a girl," Lilly said. "It's-"

"Lilly, I'll handle this."

"But your heart, dad. You need to calm down. We'll get this kid out of here."

"I think it's about time we kick your ass," Lee said, crossing his arms.

Kenny nodded. "That's what I'm thinking."

Carley, the woman who had the gun, stepped forward. "Everybody, chill the fuck out!"

"Nobody's doing anything!" Lilly yelled. 

"Shut up, Lilly!" Her father growled and turned to Carley. "And you. Shut the fuck up. They will find us, and they will get in here, and none of this will fucking matter! But right now, we're about to be trapped in here with one of those fucking things!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kenny questioned.

"She's bitten! That's how they turn!"

"She's not bitten!" Katjaa continued wiping blood off Luna. "Lee, stop this! It's upsetting her!"

"I'm not bitten!" Luna said. "I'd feel it! And I'm not sore anywhere!"

"Feel it my ass!" The man growled at her. "Get over here, kid, and let me bash your brains in!"

"I'll bash yours first, you fucker!" Kenny yelled.

"Alright, sit the fuck down, or that's it!" Lee said, and the man laughed.

"Oh, you're going to whoop me? You and what homo parade?"

"This one!" Kenny said.

"Ah, that's funny! Little girl! Before you eat your mom, you're going to get to watch your daddy get his nose broken!"

"I'm gonna kill him, Kat. Just look after Luna."

"Hey, I'm not the bad guy, here! I'm just looking out for my daughter!"