Prologue// No Place Like Home

Start from the beginning

The sky had darkened and the breeze had stopped, raindrops started to fall, and eventually, they were pounding against the car's windows.

"We're almost there, let's just hope this rain clears up." He said and turned on the wipers.

The car suddenly stopped, her neighbor's husband tried to turn on the car but failed.

"God fucking-" he started but his wife put her hand on his shoulder.

He sighed and turned back to face Y/n.
"We're going to walk to the fire station, it's not that far." He said and Y/n nodded slowly.

They got out of the car and grabbed as many things as they could.

The rain had settled a little, but it was still raining hard. They walked on the side of the road watching out for anything that was mentioned in the news report.

Y/n stopped walking for a second and thought, what exactly is the danger?

Her neighbor looked back at her and said, "come on, we can't afford to stop."

Y/n snapped out of her thoughts and jogged to catch up. "Sorry, I spaced out." She apologized.

Her neighbor wrapped her arm around her shoulder and said, "that's okay, just don't fall behind."

They walked for another 10 minutes before they reached the fire station. Outside there were hundreds of people, they were all crowded around the fire station screaming and shouting at each other.

Her neighbor looked at her husband and he nodded, she looked back at Y/n and said, "I'll take you to the front, tell them your name and age. They should help you."

Y/n looked at the crowd of people and said, "but what about you?"

Her neighbor sighed and said, "don't worry about me. Just know you need to find a safe place. Okay?"

Y/n nodded hesitantly. Her neighbor led her through the crowd of people, they would often get pushed and shoved, but eventually, they reached the desk where the worried-looking firefighters were.

One of them looked up and faced Y/n, "name and neighborhood please." They asked.

"Uhm, Y/n and Snowchester Dr." She replied and the firefighter wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"Okay, walk towards the side of the" they were cut off by screaming and more shouting.

The other firefighters stood up and ran towards the screaming.

"I'm sorry hun, but you're going to have to stay with your guardian for now." The firefighter said and ran off with the other firefighters.

Her neighbor suddenly took her by the hand and ran back towards her husband.

"W-wait- what's happening?!" Y/n yelled, but her neighbor didn't respond.

They reached the spot where her husband was standing.

"What happened? Are they going to get her to a bunker?" He asked frantically.

His wife shook her head, "we're going to have to go back they're here." She said.

Y/n stared at her for a few seconds before asking, "what? Who's here? What's happening?"

Her neighbor looked back at her and sighed, "I'm sorry I haven't explained anything, but right now there's no time for questions, we have to get you home."

This time they didn't take anything except for Y/n's backpack, they walked until they found their car again.

Her neighbor's husband tried again to start the car, it started after a few tries.

"Okay hop on, we have to get out of here." He said.

Y/n got inside and closed the door.

Her neighbor sped off, they soon reached the neighborhood.

Y/n looked around, everything was quiet, it looked like a ghost town.

"Y/n, get inside of your house, lock the doors, close the windows, and don't get out." She heard her neighbor say.

She nodded, she had so many questions but her neighbor sounded worried and scared.

She got inside her house again and her neighbor stood by the door, "we'll be back to check on you I promise. Just stay here." She reassured and ran back to her car.

Y/n locked the door and checked all of her windows. Everything's secure. She thought.

She went back downstairs to look out her window, her neighbors were gone.

And little did she know this was the last time she saw another human being for a long time.

_____________
Word Count: 1371

A/N: PHEW!! sorry for the long prologue, I had a ton of ideas for this chapter.

And also sorry for the lack of ✨Ranboo✨ I promise he'll be in future chapters.

Now enjoy my lovelies :]!