3 - Bonus - 3

The monster's eye widened along with (y/n)'s before both of them screamed in sync - one filled with anger and agony, the other with pure fear.

Just as the white monster lunged at (y/n), they jumped towards the left, landing on all fours. Without a second to spare, (y/n) crawled up and blindly ran away in whatever direction - anywhere to get away from that monster.

They could hear the scream and wallow of the creature behind, running closer and closer at a frightening speed. (y/n) already knew from instinct - there was no way to outrun it.

Realizing they ran into a dead-end, (y/n) turned around with a face full of horror. They knew what was coming the moment they laid eyes on the creature, but that didn't mean they were prepared.

For the last time, (y/n)'s instinct kicked in, making their body duck under. The monster's sharp, white claws were plunged into where their head was formerly situated.

Looking up into the monster's elongated face bloodied by countless people, (y/n) shut their eyes closed.

'Fuck!' they thought, cursing the scammer of a demon that sent them here.

{I'll give you a little bonus. A special gift of mine. Take it, and use it wisely.}

'What gift! Another life? Cause I need it just about now!' (y/n) recollected, readying themselves of the pain to follow.

First came the threatening scream of the monster, before getting lifted by the throat. The creature's grip on (y/n)'s neck became tighter and tighter until its sharp claws started digging into their skin.

'J-ust, kill- me, already!' (y/n) thought, not enjoying the slow suffocation, making their head feel about to burst. They would've rather taken the 'shred-my-face-to-pieces' route than this!

"Grrah..?"

But in the next second, the monster let out a cry, as if confused. The grip on (y/n)'s neck slightly loosened, before it completely let go.

(y/n)'s body fell with a thud, issued by coughing and crying with a lot of saliva plus tears. They wrapped a hand around their throat from the stinging pain, trying to stop the coughs.

Meanwhile, the creature just stood there, confused and the tiniest bit worried. Worried?

"Wh-at, the fuck..?" (y/n) asked, confused just as much, if not more than the creature. Why was it not killing them? Why did it seem worried?

The creature slowly approached, leaning closer to (y/n). (y/n) flinched back, scurrying backward until they met with a wall. The creature also flinched, before taking a few steps back and hunching over in a corner to cover its face.

'...Shy Guy,' (y/n) thought, for the first time given the chance to actually think.

The white, intimidatingly tall creature was SCP-096, nicknamed Shy Guy. It would attack any and all life that caught sight of its face, directly in person or indirectly, via picture/video. While normally docile, no one had escaped its grasp when its face was viewed.

'Until now, at least,' (y/n) added, not knowing if they should feel honored or scared. Why would they be spared?

{I'll give you a little bonus.}

Just then, (y/n) thought back to the time of the contract. The single sentence emerged from their memories out of nowhere.

"...Is this the bonus?" (y/n) said aloud, frowning in confusion. What exactly did this bonus do? Make SCPs docile?

Standing up carefully and quietly, (y/n) slowly crept away.

Whatever this "bonus" did, they weren't sure how long the effects would last, or any of the conditions needed to control it. Under these circumstances, they were running away as fast as they can while they still had 2 legs.

Once (y/n) decided they were far enough from Shy Guy to feel safe, they officially started their search for a Class B card key.

Little did (y/n) know, they now had a big, clawed, shy monster stalking behind their tracks.