Beside him, Gabrielle was saying, "She'll be here tonight. Zere will be a time to see her. But you two should enjoy the ball. Refreshments are off to the left, and the dance floor is to your right. I'll talk to you two later!" She smiled and waved them off, turning to greet more guests.

"Oh, there are my parents, I'll introduce you!"

Draco felt an odd mixture of anxiety and annoyance as Charlene took his hand and dragged him off to who knows where.

_._._._._._._

"Fleur, for the last time would you stop bugging me? I don't want to go!"

"Ginny, " Fleur said reproachfully. "Zis will be fun! I 'aven't spent enough time with my seester-in-law."

Ginny could remember the time when they had gone to France 'to spend quality time with my seester-in-law' or the time when she insisted on taking Ginny shopping at some expensive boutique. She was sure that was enough bonding time with Fleur to last for the next five years. Fleur was less egotistical since she married Bill, but she was still as exuberant as always.

She was looking through her wardrobe, muttering to herself, "Where 'as that lovely black dress gone? I'm sure it iz 'ere somewhere."

Ginny sighed and sat down in a chair, thinking of ways to persuade Fleur that she didn't want to go to some high class charity ball when Bill walked in.

"Gin, why don't you just go? You're breaking Fleur's heart by refusing." He looked tenderly at his wife, who was currently on her tiptoes, searching for the dress.

"Because I don't need or want to go. I've visited St. Agnes already." She flat out ignored Bill's second statement.

"It's not the same."

Ginny tried to change the topic. "I could babysit for you. I mean, who's going to take care of him for you?" She pleaded, pointing at the four year old clutching Bill's pants. Bill chuckled.

"Ron and Hermione. C'mon Gin. Just go with us."

"I have no desire to be the third wheel."

"We're not going on a date."

"It's the same thing, practically."

Their debate was interrupted by Fleur coming out of the closet with the aforementioned dress in hand. "'ere it iz. See Ginny? It iz beautiful, no?"

She had to admit that the black evening gown was a work of art, no doubt one of Fleur's, only she could pick something so...tasteful. "Yes, it is."

Fleur beamed. "Well, you may wear it tonight!" She then took Bill's hand and scooping up her son in her arms, said gleefully to Ginny, "I'll do your hair and makeup after I get Bill's outfit!"

Ginny sighed. This is the last time I'm having dinner with Bill, she thought. There was no arguing with this woman.

_._._._._._._

Draco was standing in front of Charlene's parents, who were so stiff he expected them to have iron rods up their backs.

"Mother, Father, this is Draco Malfoy, the man I'm currently dating."

"Draco, is it? Pleasure to meet you. How long have you been dating?" Charlene's mother said.

"A month, ma'am"

"Am I correct in saying that your mother is Narcissa Malfoy, maiden name Black?" That was Charlene's father.

"Yes, sir." He seemed impressed that he was being called sir.