Chapter Thirty-Three: The Secret

Chapter Thirty-Three: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙.
word count; 5.9k

Nothing had been mentioned when you woke up. Nothing at all.

But what else did you expect? Honestly, you didn't know what you were thinking when you had practically asked him to hold you. It had not been your drowsiness or your sick condition that prompted you into doing such things without your own consent. No, definitely not. You had done it consciously. You could fool everyone else all you want, blame it all on the remedy that made you sleepy, make them believe that you didn't actually want the Mandalorian to hold you—but there would be one single person who simply would not believe it.

You.

Because it was not true. You hadn't done it because you were so exhausted that you did not realize what you were doing. What you were asking him to do. On the contrary—you had done it because you wanted to. Genuinely. As strange as it sounded to admit it, you had wanted it and there was no denying it to yourself anymore. You had done it because it felt good. To have the entirety of his attention, to have him care for you so gently, to have him hold you and keep your warm—it had all felt so damn good. It had been worth the tense silence that followed after you awoke and lifted yourself up with the still-sleeping you infant in your arms. Din was awake but neither of you could bring yourself to utter a single word, not even a simple good morning. So you left. Downstairs, with the Child, your tangled hair and fresh-from-sleep look on your face. But your mind still meandered, wandering off to him. He had been so warm. So comfortable. So mindful of you. It had surprised you, even. Whatever you presumed he would do was definitely not that—but it was not like you minded anyway. His attention had been something you hadn't realized you yearned for, secretly. Although you would never dare mention it to him. It was something that not even you were conscious of—something that had been locked up within you for a while. 

Somehow, Din had unlocked something about you. But you could not tell what exactly. It had not been something that happened overnight, though. It started happening for a while but you hadn't noticed it. Somehow, you felt as if you could forgive Din for what he had done in the past. Even if he never revealed the true purpose behind it all, you just may forgive him. Somehow, you preferred to stay wit him. Not stay with a Jedi. Because it had been serene. You had felt at peace. As if as long as you had him besides you and there for you, you didn't need a Jedi. You didn't want a Jedi to teach you anymore... But you had soon realized it was all your imagination. Of course you needed a Jedi to help you, or else you could not control yourself—and you had accepted that rather quickly. You could not change your mindset—and you were not sure how it had altered so abruptly. But it was probably best for you to forget it all. You could not deviate from your mission.