Chapter 5: Why?

As the sun began to rise, Natasha and Clint finally made it back onto the compound property. Natasha smiled when she saw the familiar building a few yards ahead of them. Clint was slouched over with an exhausted expression, his feet and caf's aching from walking.

"Im to old for this" Clint whined but immediately straightened up when he saw the compound. Clint did a little dance and sprinted the rest of the way up the yard. Natasha rolled her eye's but followed her best friend.

"Too old my ass" Natasha replied when she caught up with Clint.

Clint shrugged as Jarvis scanned both for confirmation. Jarvis greeted the two and told them that the team was in the meeting room awaiting their arrival. Natasha thanked Jarvis as they entered the team meeting room.

All conversations stopped when they heard the door open. The team looked curiously over the two's appearance. Natasha was covered in dirt and her hair had small stick's and leaf stuck on it. Clint had holes in his suit along with dirt in his hair.

"We were worried sick! Where were you guy's" Wanda stood up and hugged her friend and father figure.

"Long story kiddo" Clint laughed and sat down next to Sam while Natasha sat next to Wanda.

"We've got all afternoon" Tony commented putting his feet on the table. Natasha and Clint looked at each other before explaining where and why they went in search of Y/n.

***

Y/n turned off the jeep, grabbed her bag's and sunglasses. Y/n jumped out of the jeep and closed the door.

Y/n has been on the backroad's of up state new york for the whole night and she is tried beyond belief. Her eye's felt heavy and her feet are dragging, but she cant stop she has to keep moving and later she will eat and rest.

  Y/n walked for a few minutes till she came across a little town in the center of a all the tree's. She smiled and made her way into the small town. Y/n walked down main street avoiding all eye contact with people and found an abandoned pile of brick and tin to eat and sleep for a few hour's.

Y/n set her thing's down and started switching around the brick's to make a little igloo type thing. Y/n huffed and looked over her brick house. She smiled and looked around for some tin fornthe door. Y/n looked over the back of the brick pile and found the perfect piece of blue tin. She grabbed it, slid into the entrance of the igloo and put the tin up against the brick house.

She nodded in relief and took out her camping lantern. She pulled up on the handle and light filled the igloo. She set the light in the corner of the small house while she dug through her food bag till she came across some spaghetto's. Y/n took out a plastic spoon and opened the can. The smell of spaghetti sause filled her nose as she dipped the spoon into the red substance.

  Y/n sat in silence while she ate, thunder rolling in the distance calming her nerves.

***

Yelana and Samantha jumped across a roof stop scanning the area for Y/n. Yelana looked through the heat scope on her tranq dart gun, Samantha using binoculars. Yelana huffed when she saw a deer but nothing else in the scope.

"I dont see nothing" Yelana spoke sitting on her knees next to the taller Widow.

"Me neither" Samantha agreed and pulled down the binoculars from her chocolate brown eye's.

Samantha looked down at Yelana with a dull expression. Yelana looked up with furrowed eyebrow's.

"What?" Yelana deadpaned.

Samantha shrugged and continued glassing over the horizon till she spotted a small town a few miles west. Samantha nudged Yelana's side and handed her the binoculars. Yelana hesitantly took the binoculars and looked over to where Samantha is pointing.

Yelana scanned over the building top's and made a mind map and handed Samantha the binoculars. Yelana and Samantha quickly packed up their thing's, jumped down off the roof and started walking toward's the town.

Yelana was in deep thought as the two hiked through the the thick forest. Yelana started thinking on why Jessie need's Y/n back so badly. She is his daughter, but the Red Room isn't the happiest place to grow up, she should know. But even when she was young and learning, her guardian let her out every once in awhile, but she is positive that Y/n has never been outside the Room building.

"Yelana!" Samantha snapped her finger's infront the the russian's face.

Yelana binked and held Samantha's wrist stopping her movement's. Samantha pulled her wrist from her grip and kept walking forward. Yelana breathed out a deep sigh, tofay was supposed to be her day off. But no! They have to go after a teenage girl and bring her back!

"Stop being a whimp and hurry up" Samantha yelled down the hill. Yelana rolled her eye's.

"Im not a whimp!"