37

This chapter contains a scene with sexual assault, violent actions, abuse, and blood. Please read with caution. 

Navy looked at Draco with a ghastly cloak as it took over. His eyes bored through hers piercingly. He watched her grab her robe, pulling it around herself, finding new underwear to put on, ''What the hell is he doing here?''

''I don't—'' Navy shook her head, gulping on her own words, ''I don't know—''

Draco took a step forward, closing the space between them, ''Where were you earlier? Did you go see him? Did you go look for him?''

''No—'' Navy frowned, flinching as the pounding on the door turned heavier, ''I didn't. I just...'' She shut her eyes closed, breathing out tremblingly, ''I ruined his apartment.''

''What?'' Malfoy rose a brow, dragging his hands through his hair as he stared at her, confusingly, ''What the fuck does that mean?''

''What do you think it means?''

''Navy! I'm not telling you again!''

''I destroyed it, all of it.'' Reaching her hand up, she put her naked hand on display. No ring. Draco smiled, ''I left it in chaos, along with the ring. He must have gone there and seen what I did.''

''Open the fucking door, Navy!''

Draco bent down, towering her fully and pushing his lips to hers. He kissed her passionately for moments as the pounding on her front door ripped through the room. She pulled back, looking up at him, ''I need to open, Draco.''

''The hell you do,'' Malfoy scowled, staring her down before he backed up, marching out in the hallway, picking his shirt up, and then he went for his pants still laying in a mess in the living room floor, ''You're not seeing him. I won't let you.''

''Draco—'' Navy rushed after, blocking his way. Her fingers pushed into his chest, ''Please. Just— just let me talk to him, and then he'll leave. It won't be long, I promise.''

Malfoy was so weak for her. He always had been.

That was the reason he couldn't come back to see her after he left because she had such a hold on his heart. He wasn't used to it. He turned numb the years she wasn't there, but she was now.

Navy was there again, and he couldn't stand against her if he so wished.

''Stay in the bedroom, please.'' She begged, sounding desperate and shooting empty stares at the door over her shoulder, ''He won't do anything. He's drunk, and he probably saw what I did. I just need to speak with him, and then I'm done, Draco. I promise.''

It took him a moment, a span of seconds where his jaws clenched, locked in anger. He didn't want to. Asher didn't deserve her, he didn't earn to be close to her for so a minute, but she asked. Navy was the one who asked, and he'd always cave for her.

''Ten minutes.'' Draco's voice was hard, demanding, ''I'll give you ten minutes, and then I'll kill him.''

''Draco—''

He caught her jaws in his palms, cupping her cheeks and bending her face up to level his, ''Navy.'' He said, close to her mouth. His eyes snapping all over her, ''I'm not risking you. I've said it a hundred times, and I'll continue to say it until you understand me. I left for two fucking years because I needed you to be safe. Is it the worst decision I've ever made? Yes. Do I regret it because I protected you? No. This doesn't change that. He hurt you. He fucking hurt you, and I am not trusting that he won't do it again, so — I'll give you ten minutes, and if he's not out by then, I'll throw him out.''