31

Mature content ahead, along with the mention of alcohol. Please read with caution.

''Are you feeling any better, love?'' Asher asked, leaning over her and pushing his lips against her forehead, ''I was worried about you last night.''

Navy nodded, propping herself up on her elbows as he backed away, ''I am,'' She muttered, her eyes staying on him, following his across the room, ''I don't know what happened. I just—''

''It's alright,'' He hummed, pushing the curtains aside for the light to travel across the floorboards, ''It can happen to anyone. I'm glad we got our pictures taken before you felt sick.''

Navy fell flat onto the mattress again, huffing out, ''Me too.''

''So we have to discuss the details of all of this, who's moving in with who, the engagement party, the trip—''

''The what now?'' Sitting up altogether again, she dragged the covers across her body, staring blankly at him, ''What trip?''

''First of all, we need to discuss the details, Navy,'' He said again, ignoring her question. Threading his shirt across his arms, he buttoned it, ''Are you moving in with me?''

Her eyes grew broad. A gasp trembled from her lips as she thought about it. She never realized what an engagement meant in other ways than simply being happy with him. She didn't think about the things coming with it, ''I can, if you don't want to move in here.''

Asher scoffed, lightly, shaking his head, ''Yeah, no. I love being here, don't get me wrong, love, but my apartment is so much closer to everything. To your office, to mine. It's more practical.''

She nodded, ''I guess it is... But my mother—''

''I can arrange a car for her whenever she likes to visit.'' He stepped in front of the mirror, dragging his fingers through his hair, ''I got it all covered, Navy. All you have to do is say yes, and I'll have your things sent over at the end of this week.''

Tangling the sheets in her fists, she looked down at the light-shaded covers, ''Can I still keep this apartment? I'd like to have it in case—''

''In case of what?'' He cut her short once again, ''In case you'll leave me?''

''No, of course not—'' She defended, sounding bothered with what he told, ''How can you even think that? I love this apartment. It was my first, and I don't want to sell it. That's all. I wouldn't have agreed to marry you if I wanted to leave you, Asher.''

He stayed quiet, gritting his jaws at what she'd spoken, still staring at his own reflection. Fixing the collar of his shirt.

''But since you brought it up...'' Navy hesitated, feeling nervous. Her hair tousled around her as she crossed her legs, ''You seem to have given this more thought than I have, and I guess you have papers for me to go through, prenups and—''

He turned around, knitting his brows, ''Why?'' He asked, raising his tone, ''Do you think I'm planning for it to end?''

Shaking her head, ''No—''

''Father wished for me to go over it with my lawyers, but why would I do that? I love you, Navy. I asked you to marry me, and if we one day decide to get a divorce, we'll handle it maturely, won't we? I have far more assets than you, and I won't be coming for your company or your brand, so don't you dare think I want to sign some stupid papers preparing for this to end.''

Her tense shoulders sunk, a weak smile arched on her lips, ''Are you sure? We can look at something. I don't want you to think—''

Asher marched up to the bed, kneeling to the floor beside her, and he took her hand in his, stroking his thumb over her knuckles, ''I don't want it. I don't think you'd do anything to hurt me in the future, Navy. I asked you to marry me because I want to be with you. This past year has been the best year of my life, and I can't wait to spend more of those with you. So don't worry about that. We'll get married just like any other couple would, and we'll be happy, right?''