Chapter 7: The Date.

Start from the beginning

"But it took you long enough." he mutters under his breath, he always knew that there was something between Alexis and me. He had bet on it the moment he saw us together.

"It takes time for fools like me to realize, Mr. Cooper but now that I have, I won't let go." I give him assuring smile.

We enter the living room, which is filled by noises from TV. Blake, her younger brother sat on the couch munching chips while watching Ben 10. "Hey, Captain Blake how's your high school going?" I sit on the bean bag as I give him a fist bump.

"Good" his gaze travels to his father, as he went upstairs. "And I also managed to have a girlfriend for homecoming this year." he beams proudly. We continued talking about Blake's new girlfriend who apparently is the prettiest girl in his school and how she agreed to go out with him.

Soon Alexis enters the living room, her lips tilting upwards as her gaze meets mine. She's dressed in a floral sundress that stops just over her mid-thigh and I inhale a sharp breath at the sight of her toned legs. There is no denying in the fact that she looks breathtakingly beautiful.

We make our way outside after bidding goodbye's to Mr. Cooper and Blake.

"You look different from the last time I saw you?" she raises her perfect eyebrow.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" I take a few steps closer, backing her against my car. Our faces inches apart.

"Are you trying to pull off Frankenstein?" her finger tips trace the tiny cuts on my jaw and eyebrow, her brown eyes growing dark as her face inches closer to mine.

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TAKE HER OUT FIRST!" Mr. Cooper yells from the porch with mischievous grin. Alexis pulls away flustered, blush rising in her cheeks.

She had already made reservations in the R.S Prestige as we make our way there. It's a hill top 5 star restaurant with stainless marble floor, enormous lightnings and crystal clear glass walls that gives the view of the entire city.

It is indeed elegant in every way.

I take a moment to admire the artistic paintings by Norman Rockwell, G L Brierley, Kinga Nowak and many other such renowned personalities.

Alexis and I sit down on a table for two, I could see the twinkling lights of the city beneath that mirrored the image of the starry night above.

She had surely put in a lot of effort.

Just when I shift my gaze to her I see that she's already looking at me. "So do you like the place?" she asks hopefully.

"Yeah, it's pretty good." I look around.

"How was your week?" she asks pushing a strand of hair nervously behind her ear.

That was so adorable. It just makes me wanna kiss the hell out of her.

"Nothing much the same old trio hanging around for a couple of beers" I reply. "How about you and how's your mom doing?"

Her parents had spilt up when she was 17. Both she and her brother chose to stay with their father since her mother remarried after 2 months. But as of now she has been diagnosed with cancer.

"She's doing fine, anyway I don't wanna talk about it today." she looks away pain building up in her eyes. I didn't wanna probe further.

The waitress comes in and we place our orders. Not before earning two glares from Alexis, all because that poor girl tried to be touchy with me. I chuckle at her expression.

Possessive much.

I like that.

"Okay, serious questions off charts. Tell me the worst pick up line you've heard."