37| I ᒪOᐯᗴ YOᑌ, ᘜOOᗪᗷYᗴ

10th August, 2014
The day to say 'Goodbye'

To say Adelaide was dreading this day would be the understatement of the century. She was beyond dreading. Even though it might have started off as a joke, Adelaide had caught herself wishing she would actually fall sick if it meant she wouldn't have to leave in the morning.

Currently, the clock on her bedside table read 3:30 AM. The party had ended at 1AM, which was still very early for them but everyone wanted Adelaide to 'get enough rest before tomorrow', so they had left sooner than usual.

Even though Adelaide was way beyond tired from having been awake for over 24 hours now, she couldn't catch a glimpse of sleep as her mind reeled over what was to come next. In a few hours, she would have to walk out of these doors and leave her home, her friends, her love for two months.

Adelaide's eyes widen in shock at what she had just thought...did she just call Joseph her 'love'? Yes, yes she had. And she meant it. Didn't she? Was she rushing into yet another relationship that was bound to fail like her las ones? Or was this as right as it could ever get?

Adelaide sits up in worry and after contemplating it for a few moments, she dials the number of the one person she couldn't get out of her head.

"Calling...Angel Eyes💖"

After a few rings, the call connected.

"Del? Is everything okay?" Joseph's gruffy voice echoed through the call, causing Adelaide to frown.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" she apologizes, mentally facepalming herself for forgetting it was 3 in the morning.

"Um no, I was...I was up," Joseph replies as Adelaide hears something heavy fall, "shit."

"Jo? Is everything okay there? What happened?" she questions worriedly.

"Huh? Yeah, all good. My bottle spilled all over the counter-top," he responds as Adelaide frowns again.

"What bottle? Are you drinking at 3 in the morning?"

"...I am," he admits in an almost ashamed voice, "just a little beer. I couldn't sleep."

"Oh," Adelaide mumbles as silence falls on both their sides of the call.

"Del?" Joseph whispers in an unsure tone, breaking the silence after a few minutes of silence.

"Hmm?"

"Can I drop you off at the airport tomorrow?" he asks hesitantly.

"Oh...I uh, Rachie and I were going to go together," Adelaide replies sheepishly.

"Oh, alright. Nevermind then."

"Wait no, I'll uh, I'll ask Rachie to get there on her own. You can drop me off," Adelaide corrects herself, wanting to see him one last time before she set out. She could kiss him goodbye then.

"Okay, your flight's at 10, right?" Joseph then asks.

"Yeah, so we can leave at 8 and get breakfast first?" Adelaide suggests.

"I'd like that," Joseph agrees as a smile creeps up on Adelaide's face, "anyway, you should really get some rest. I'll see you at 8 tomorrow, Del."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow then," Adelaide replies sadly before hanging up the call. She lies back down on her bed with a sigh, her heart feeling heavier with every passing second. She wanted to tell him she loved him, she wanted to scream and yell it out to the world that she was in love with her 'part-time lover' and her best friend, her confidant- her Joseph.