19| Tᕼᗴ ᗪᗩTᗴ

It was 7PM when Toby pulled up outside the sets of The Originals to pick up his date.

"Hey Addy, I'm waiting outside. Call me back when you're done," he leaves a voicemail, knowing she was probably busy inside even now.

It would be an understatement to say he was nervous. He had liked Adelaide ever since they had gone out for that coffee date so many months ago, but all this time, he didn't know what to do about his feelings. He didn't want to lose her friendship by telling her about his feelings and freaking her out. Torrance had urged him to tell her, saying she 'deserved to know,' but Toby was always too nervous and fearful of telling her. Until now. Now, the truth was out. And luckily enough, she seemed to be open to the idea. And here he was, 4 months later, on a date with the girl he had admired for this long. He found himself smiling at the thought when his phone chimes with a text from Adelaide, "I'll be done in 5. the others wanna say 'hi'. Meet me at Studio 3?"

'On my way,' he texts as he locks his car and walks towards the studios where Addy had said they were.

"Heyy, you're here," Adelaide greets Toby with a big smile as he walks through the studio doors, causing all the others to turn their attention to them.

"Hey Addy, you called and here I am," he jokes as they walk over and hug each other before turning back to the others.

"Hey everyone, nice to see you all again," Toby greets politely while receiving mixed feedback from the others. Phoebe and Joseph were a 'forced-nice' look on their faces while Daniel and Charles glare at Toby's arms that rested on Adelaide's lower back.

Danielle is the first to break the awkward silence, "hey Toby, good to see you too," she replies politely, earning a grateful smile from Adelaide.

"Where's Leah, Claire, Nathan and the others? I wanted to say goodbye," Adelaide says then.

"Leah and Nathan are filming solo shots and Claire is probably in her trailer, sleeping," Phoebe informs with an amused tone.

"Oh."

"So where are you taking Addy out on this 'date'?" Charles inquires as Adelaide glares at him in warning.

"Oh, Rachie  told me Addy's a fan of the Market Restaurants," Toby trails off.

"You talked to Rachel to see where to take Addy?" Daniel asks skeptically, not wanting to admit how thoughtful that was.

Toby nods as Danielle speaks up, "that's so cute. I hope you guys have fun."

"Yeah, me too," Joseph mumbles.

"Well, should we go then? Or do you need to say goodbye to the others?" Toby asks as he turns to Adelaide.

"No, I'll call them later, it's okay. Let's go," she replies as Toby nods and takes the duffel bag out of her hands.

"I'll see you guys soon, okay?" Adelaide smiles at the others, hugging all five of them before saying goodbye and walking out, hand-in-hand with Toby.

Daniel sighs loudly as soon as Adelaide and Toby are out of sight, "gosh, was that hard or what?"

"What was hard?" Danielle quizzes with a frown.

"being nice to blondie, obviously," Daniel replies as if it was the most evident thing in the world.

"Knock it off, Daniel," Joseph cuts in with an irritated tone, "if Addy's gonna date him, he'll be around a lot more. We should give him a chance," he tells them before walking off without another word.

"What's wrong with him?" Phoebe questions but Daniel only shrugs in response, knowing Joseph wouldn't want the others to know now.