00| ᑭᖇOᒪOᑌᘜᗴ/ ᗩᖇTIᑕᒪᗴ

ENEWS: ADELAIDE BROWN TO APPEAR ON YET ANOTHER CW SHOW

Earlier this week, it was announced that Adelaide Brown will be joining the cast of the upcoming CW show- Reign. It is a historical romantic drama television series created by Laurie McCarthy and Stephanie Sengupta. Set in the late-sixteenth century, the series revolves around the life of Mary, Queen of Scots, and her rise to power in the French court. The series stars Adelaide Brown as Mary, alongside an ensemble cast.

Adelaide Victoria Brown was born on 9 August 1990 in Claremont, a suburb of Perth, Western Australia. Her parents divorced when she was seven, and Adelaide and her brother, William Brown, were raised by their single mother. She grew up in Perth, and attended St Hilda's Angelican School for Girls.

Brown began performing at the age of three, starting with dance and then moving to singing and acting. At the age of six, she started working professionally in some print ads, later moving to TV spots and works in various children's TV shows. In August 2006, Kane was picked to join the cast of Neighbours as Lolly Allen after she entered a competition run by Dolly magazine. She was given a three-month contract with the show. Her friends convinced her to enter the competition, but she did not think she was actually going to get the role. She was nominated for a Logie (Australian Emmy) in 2007 as "Most Popular New Talent".

Later in September 2009, at the age of 19, she moved to the United States to live in Los Angeles in order to pursue her acting career. Soon enough, she bagged the role of Kaitlyn Hart in the much renowned CW series- The Vampire Diaries. Her character is an orphan who arrived at Mystic Falls at the age of 16 and earned herself a scholarship at Mystic Falls High School under the recommendation of Carol Lockwood. There, she came to form a friendship with Tyler Lockwood and the rest of his friend group, popularly known as the 'Scooby Gang'. Kaitlyn Hart is yet another human like Matt Donovan in the sea of supernaturals lurking around the city of Mystic Falls. As Stefan and Damon Salvatore arrive in their town, Kaitlyn Hart served as a short-lived romantic interest for Damon Salvatore for nearly a year before they both decided to be friends instead, considering Damon's growing feelings for her best friend, Elena and them realizing all their attachment was turning purely platonic. 

Later into the series, to everyone's surprise, it was revealed that Kaitlyn Hart was the soulmate of none other than Nikalus Mikaelson, the Original Hybrid,  himself. Throughout Season 2 till Season 4, we see their strained, forbidden relationship unfold and go through multiple ups and downs before they ultimately parted ways when the Original family moves back to New Orleans following the events of the Mikaelson Miracle Baby. This plotline is followed onwards on the CW spinoff known as 'The Originals' that is set to start airing later this year.

Following the fan favorite romance between Kaitlyn and Klaus, or Klaitlyn, as dubbed by the fans, there have been many speculations about the two costars Adelaide Brown,23 and Joseph Morgan,32,  having an off-screen romance story of their own, but till now neither have confirmed any rumors so the matter remains uncertain.

When questioned many times on why Klaitlyn was torn apart on the show, the series co-developer Julie Plec stated, "we wanted to give the Delena romance a center front attention in the forthcoming seasons and considering the departure of the Originals from the future plotline of this show along with the plotlines of their own series, it didn't seem to work for Kaitlyn Hart to be present at both the storylines at once so we had to make the tougher choice and separate the star-crossed lovers as of now."

Later, when both Joseph Morgan and Adelaide Brown were questioned about their opinions of this matter the following was discussed,

"I think their love is stronger than this. Even if they do have to separate as of now, they will find their way back to each other," Joseph stated.

"Yeah and even if they don't, I think they will remain each other's epic love. No one else will be able to replace the love they will always have for each other, whether they are together or not. I mean, they are soulmates after all," Adelaide joined in.

Some of the other cast members, however, weren't as pleased or accepting of the choice. Adelaide's childhood best friend Phoebe Tonkin, who portrays Hayley Marshall in TVD and forthcoming TO said, "I was so excited thinking me and Addy would finally be able to share the screen together but considering how this past season unfolded, I don't think that's happening. Me and Addy had even discussed how exciting it would be to work together, especially considering our characters are likely to not see eye-to-eye and how challenging yet exciting it would be to play two characters whose relationship is the exact opposite of what we are in real life."

Daniel Gilles, playing Elijah Mikaelson, too stated, "honestly it's heartbreaking to think we won't be on the same sets anymore. Shoots with Kaitlyn are the highlights of being on set because of how fun it is, we are all bumped about this. Mostly Phoebe, Claire and Joseph."

Besides this, Adelaide has also appeared as a recurring role in the MTV show- Teen Wolf as Cora Hale. Earlier this year, however, she announced she will not be continuing on with this role after her casting on Reign was confirmed. The Reign series is set to be filmed mostly in Toronto and Island of Ireland, so it is fair to speculate Adelaide's character- Kaitlyn Hart, might be missing from most of the Season Five of The Vampire Diaries.

Find below a list of some other projects Adelaide Brown has appeared in throughout her career:

TELEVISION:

FILM:

Other articles that might interest you

CW spinoff- The Originals: everything we know

Delena shippers praying Season 5 finally brings Damon and Elena together

CW showstars Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin spark dating rumors

Phoebe Tonkin and Adelaide Brown's friendship timeline

10 times Sebastian Stan and Adelaide Brown's friendship made us swoon