1

There was once a garden. A lovely garden full of beautiful flowers; there was orchids and irises, daffodils and sunflowers, you name it. But, these were no ordinary flowers. No, these flowers possessed the ability to have souls and communicate with each other. Too bad they were only concerned with which one of them was the most beautiful. The rose would shout "I'm the best! No one can deny it!". This would make the lily angry and it would shout back "No you're not! You can't be because you've got thorns! No one likes thorns." The weed was listening to all of the flowers' bickering and sighed heavily. The weed was tired of hearing them fight over frivolous things. Just yesterday the flowers were gossiping about which flower blooms the best. The little weed decided that it had enough. "STOP! None of you are the best! We are all the same! All equal. Why fight over something as dumb as beauty? We have a bigger purpose than that. Continue the cycle of photosynthesis so we can keep this world alive!" The flowers were stunned by the sudden outburst. Then the dandelion smiled slowly with a look that could kill. "Maybe we fight about beauty because we actually have it. Something a pathetic weed like you would never understand." This sent all the flowers into laughter. "Yeah right! Like you're on the same level as us!" the violet laughed.

"You will never be as beautiful as us!" the dahlia agreed.

"What are you doing in our garden anyway? Weeds aren't supposed to exist! You're just an accident! Something that wasn't supposed to happen!" the carnation added.

"Yeah! Get out of our garden! We don't want any weeds here! Didn't you read the sign?" the peony snapped. The weed turned to look at the sign. It clearly said 'NO WEEDS'. The weed, finally giving up left them alone and went it's own way. They all laughed as it walked away. "Look at it, it's such a freak!" one squealed.

"Absolutely hideous." said another one. After the weed made it's exit and was well out of sight; it started to cry. The dew drops came out as quickly as rain. A nearby fairy heard the weed's cry and came over to see what was the matter. "What's wrong?" the fairy asked. The weed told the fairy everything. "Don't worry about those cruel flowers. They just need a little taste of what's really important. I'll take care of it."

"Thank you." the weed replied.

"You're welcome. And remember, beauty is an element that is only temporary. One day the flowers will wither and rot. And then how much better will they be than you? Not a single bit." the fairy said as it flew away from the weed. Just out of curiosity the weed wanted to see what had become of the flowers. It went back to see the flowers, all turned to weeds. None of them were flowers any longer. They were all sobbing uncontrollably. The weed feeling sorry that they never understood what it was like to feel like an outcast decided to help them. The weed stepped into the garden and asked if they wanted any help. The ex-flowers saw the weed and gasped. "What?" the weed asked.

"You're a flower!" one of the new weeds stated. Confused the weed ran over to the pond to see the reflection. And sure enough, staring right back at it was the most beautiful flower the world has ever seen.