The Heroes Of Old

It's been nearly a full week since I fought Noir. Even at a weakened state I was still able to overcome the challenge. This pushed my status of strongest student even more.

I also began dating Ruby. Whenever we went out to eat she would ask for piggyback rides. I either flew to the restaurants or jogged lightly at a pace that was still faster than any car out there. I was on top of the world. I was then called to Ozpin's office.

Ozpin:"(Y/n), sit down. We need to talk."

I nodded and sat in the chair across from him as he sat behind his desk.

Ozpin:"As you may know, people have often compared you to the heroes of old."

"Yeah. And that's all I've been hearing about them."

Ozpin:"Well, I think you deserve to know exactly who they were."

I nodded and listened intently to his next words.

Ozpin:"Many, many, centuries ago, an unknown pod crashed near the southeast mountains of Vale. Inside was a child from another planet, she would later be known as Son Goka."

"You mean Son Goku?"

Ozpin:"No, her name is Goka. She was raised by her adoptive granpa, Gohan. He raised her well and when she was 14, she met someone who would inevitably change their lives as they know it. This person was known as Bauxer Briefs, the genius son of the Briefs Family. The founders of Capsule Corp."

No way...

Ozpin:"They went on a mystical journey for the seven magical orbs known as the Dragon Balls and made many friends along the way. They stopped the Red Ribbon Army which was an early predecessor of the allied nations of Atlas and Vacuo. Time went on as she grew older and started a family with a man known as Pi-Pi. They had a daughter who they called Gochan."

This is insane...

Ozpin:"Goka, Piccolo, Gochan and many others faced powerful foes on multiple occasions. One was her brother, and then two more of her species."

"The Saiyans right?"

He nodded.

Ozpin:"One was a bald, evil, yet somehow entertaining man known as Nappa. Next was the Princess of the Saiyans, Vegeta. They fought and Goka's team came out victorious but they were left with major damage."

"Sounds about right. Vegeta was a formidable foe."

Ozpin:"They traveled to a planet called Namek in search of Dragon Balls."

"Heh, good ol' Namek. I remember being sent out on a mission there. Boy was it rough, everyone running around looking for Dragon Balls, fighting each other, trying to stay under the radar. It was a whole ordeal."

Ozpin smiled lightly.

Ozpin:"And you know who all was there, correct?"

"Yeah. Vegeta, Gochan, Krillin, Zarbon, Dodoria, The Ginyus, Frieza, Goku, and let's not forget the most important person there was... Cui!"

Ozpin started to chuckle and I did too.

Ozpin:"Yes. And as you know, it was quite brutal. That's when Goka became a Super Saiyan."

Ozpin continued to tell me the story of the Z Fighters. All seemed normal until he mentioned the Shadow Dragons. This meant that in this world, Beerus never woke up and that Uub was born.

Ozpin:"After that, a mysterious virus struck all of the ki users. This wiped out the strongest warriors and left everyone else to mourn.

"Huh... I see..."