"You have to come. You promised."

"I'm so sorry Toria. I promise I'll make it up to you when you get back."

"I don't want you to make it up to me, I want you to come here." I heard someone say something on his end of the line but I couldn't make out what was said.

"Look, I have to go, something just came up and I need to attend to it. I'll call you later and again, I'm so sorry I disappointed you. Love you."

"Yeah." I understand that his duty to his country comes first but he promised to be here. How on earth do I explain his absence to everyone? Soon enough, we got to the palace and I was taken to my room. My friends had to stay at a hotel which only added to my loneliness. I was settling in when the door slightly creeked, I turned and saw my aunt. Crown Princess Marie. She married my uncle years ago and she's practically family. She came in and I gave her such a tight hug.

"Tori! Ah, I've missed you sooo much! How are you?" She sat on the bed and I kept on unpacking.

"I've missed you too. And I've been good. London is different when you live there but I love it. I've made so many new friends and I honestly wish I made the move sooner."

"Well, I'm glad you love it. You were unhappy with where you were and you made a choice. I'm glad it turned out well. But, I think we're missing someone."

"Yeah. He called to apologise, he got caught up with work."

"Believe me, that happens a lot with royal men. You care about him a lot don't you?"

"I love him, a lot. But I'm coming to realise that he'll always put his duty first. Even before me." I sat down next to her and she wrapped a loving arm around my shoulder.

"For 25 years, all he was taught was how to be an heir apparent. He wasn't taught how to be a boyfriend and so I'm sure it's hard for him. When I first met your uncle, I had the same complaint and things only got worse. But you love Arthur and I'm sure that with time, things will find their balance. I need to go now but rest. The Queen expects everyone to be at dinner so look good, the press will be there."

"Yay, more press!" I said sarcastically. She laughed as she walked to the door.

"Get some sleep. I'll see you when it's dinner time." She left me there and I went back to work. When I decided to take a nap, I closed the blackout curtains so the room would be totally dark and I laid in bed. I tried to call Arthur to apologise for earlier but he wasn't answering. So I sent a text apologizing for my attitude during the call. And then I fell asleep.

I was in dream land when I felt someone get into bed with me. I slowly turned to see who it was and I was shocked!

"Arthur!" I wrapped my arms around his neck as we kissed like we had not seen each other for years. "What are you doing here? I thought you said you couldn't make it anymore?"

"Did you really think I would break a promise that I made to you? I love you too much to do that to you. So, am I forgiven?"

"You're here, aren't you?"

"I am."

"So all is forgiven. God I missed you."

"I missed you too. But before we get into anything, how long do we have before dinner with your grandmother?"

"About two hours."

"Wonderful, would you rather I take a shower first or...."

"Come here." I pulled him until our lips met. His arms went around my waist as he carried me and placed me so I was straddling him. "Victoria...."