gone too soon pt.2

~ y/n's pov ~
chapter includes: part 2 obvi, just read it :)
just to point out that everything i write is purely fiction (hence the name fan-fiction) and non of this is real!

i look at the pictures displayed at billies funeral, each picture hitting me with memories.

billies mom is on the stand, talking about how sweet of a girl billie was.

fake bitch.

she didn't care for her either, that's why billies mom and dad were gone all the time. she basically lived with my family.

my parents, who billies not even related to, made billie feel more accepted and worth something, than her own blood related parents did.

she even started calling them mom and dad, at one point.

maggie steps off the stand, and it's my turn to speak.

since i'm in a wheelchair for the next 3 weeks, my mom helps wheel me up the ramp up to the stand.

i sit there for a second, looking around at family and friends. fake, all fake. i've probably said it a lot, but i'm angered at the fact that people only care about others once they're dead.

i glance over at the display of pictures, my eyes landing on a picture i took of her when we were out on a date.

"i uh

"i uh...don't really know where to start with her." i chuckle dryly.

"if you didn't already know, billie was my girlfriend. we, um, have known each other since freshman year, and we've been together for about 7 months. crazy how time flies, but..." i trail off, trying to figure out where to start.

"billie was such a beautiful, kind, talented girl. she was so nice to everyone, even people she probably shouldn't have been nice to."

"she was such a smart girl too. she was perfect in every way to me, and she really made me fall hard for her." i continue on.

"she was very adventurous, she would always wanna just spontaneously go hiking in the middle of the night, or go driving around."

"she would like driving around during christmas, because of the christmas lights." i smile, revisiting that beautiful memory.

"the day of the accident, i was supposed to give her a ring. a promise ring. it felt like i was about to propose to her in a way. i wish i would've done it sooner." i sigh.

i look down at my lap, blinking away tears.

"i'll never ever forget our last words to each other. we told each other we loved one another, and i started explaining everything i loved about her."