Chapter 4

Anastasia's POV

The next few days went by pretty fast. I had been getting to know everyone. I talked with Glenn, and he taught me how to use a knife better. Carol began treating me like her daughter, and Sophia was like a little sister to me. Daryl was even teaching me to shoot a cross bow.

I went down to the lake side one day with Carl and a few others to go fishing. Carl ended up teaching me to skip rocks. "I can't believe you've never skipped a rock before," he said laughing.

"Well what can I say?" I laughed with him.

"Here, it's easy,"he said as he wrapped his arms around me. "You just flick your wrist." I threw the rock and flicked my wrist and the rock skipped 4 times across the water. Carl gave me a smile and his blue eyes were shining. I smiled back.

I felt all warm inside and I couldn't stop smiling, but I guess he couldn't either. We walked back to camp together joking and laughing, but what we saw there was not funny. Walkers were all throughout the camp. I saw a few of our people struggling to fight them off, so we pulled out our knives. I headed straight for Amy who was wrestling a walker on the ground. I stabbed it in the head, but I guess I was too late. Amy had already been bit.

Andrea turned around, looking away from her own fight with a walker. She screamed for her sister. The walker leaned in to bite her and I yelled her name, and Glenn saved her. He stabbed it right in the head.

When the last of the walkers were dead, we all began to worry. "This place isn't safe anymore Rick."

"I know," he stated. "We need to move camp first thing in the morning. I've heard that the CDC is still up and working on a cure. We should go there."

People all around me were protesting. "You mean risk our lives after today? Make the children in danger!" I heard people argue.

"The CDC is still up, I've heard it on the radio all week. Im determined to get there, even if you aren't. Who's with me?" I raised my hand. Glen did, Carl, Daryl, and so did a lot of others. "Then we get moving in the morning. Tonight, we take care of our people."

Andrea rushed over to Amy. There was nothing anyone could do anymore. We lost a few, so we wrapped them up and made two piles of bodies. One for walkers and one for our people. I heard Glenn and Daryl arguing. "We do not burn our people!" Glenn shouted. I was tired of seeing everyone argue, so I went to my tent. I guess Carl had had the same idea as me because he was already there.

"Hey," he said with a bit of a forced smile.

"Hey Carl," I sighed. I was tired and I just wanted to sleep. "I think I'm gonna sleep for a bit, is that okay with you?"

"I was thinking the same thing," He smiled. That smile again, damn I loved his smile. I laid on my pillow and he laid on his. "Ana?" he asked.

"Yes Carl?" I returned.

"You kicked ass today," he said. I smiled.

"Carl Grimes you're an idiot," I said laughing and facing him. He turned red.

"Say it again!" he demanded.

"Carl Grimes you're an-" he cut me off. He leaned in and kissed me. We both pulled away smiling. "What was that for Grimes?"

"I just had to do it." he said blushing. "I've wanted to ever since you got here."

Damn. He was smooth.

Sorry for not updating, I've been super busy and yea. How is this update?