Inktober 23rd Future

"Let's raise our glasses to the future!", Tom exclaimed and held up his wine glass. Gabriel and Sabine did the same, while Adrien, Marinette and Nathalie just put their glasses with water into the air.

"I am so sorry, love, that you can't have some wine too, but...", he hummed apologetically and laid one hand onto her still flat stomach, "...it wouldn't be good for our little pea...uhm....nut!"

"Nice safe!", she whispered into his ear and giggled, knowing very well, that he almost had said: 'our little peachick'.

Sabine and Tom were just carrying the dishes towards the sink, when Marinette hissed:

"You should be more careful with your choice of words. Even though Adrien and I know the truth, we don't want anyone else to know, that Hawkmoth and Mayura are having a baby, right?"

Gabriel froze.

"But, how do you know? And how does Adrien know? You....Please tell you are not....!"

Nathalie reached for his hand and squeezed it softly.

"Of course she is. Look at her. And look at your son. Now I know, why he struggled with putting on the mask for the video of Clara Nightingale!",she muttered quietly. She looked at the teenagers now and asked straight away: "Isn't that so?"

Seeing them both nod, Gabriel facepalmed.

"God, it's so obvious. How could I not see that. I have to apologize to the both of you, for endangering your lives so many times! Will you please accept my apology? I can't even imagine, if I had....hurt you...I..."

He buried his face in his hands.

"It's alright, father. I do understand. Let's just forget about it, okay?"

He nodded, his expression still guilty though.

It was Nathalie who had a request:

"Marinette? As you are the guardian then, would you mind, letting me say hello to Duusu? I miss her very much and I would just like to see, that she's okay!"

The young woman smiled at her kindly and replied:

"Oh, of course. If you'd like, we can go to my room later and you can meet them all. I mean, as you know about them anyway, there is no need for the others to hide either, right?"

"Bugaboo, are you sure?", Adrien asked carefully.

"I can promise you, son, that I won't try to steal any miraculous ever again, so relax. I would like to see Nooroo again too, by the way. Though I am not sure, if he wants to see me, but I owe him a lot. His recurring attempts to make me see my true feelings for Nathalie and eventually accept the truth, gave me finally a perspective for the future, so I would like to thank him for that!"