Strange Mates - Chapter 9

A/N: This is a short filler chapter, yeah i know filler chapters are boring but it's necessary....so yeah enjoy and don't forget to comment :D Much love Dannii xxx

Chapter 9

Jace’s P.O.V

I wanted Harley so much right now, the girl had only laid her hands on me for 5 minutes and I was already about to step of the edge. I was so caught up in the feel of her I didn’t even stop to think about the consequences of doing this with her. She smelled so sweet and tempting and her skin was like velvet. Here right in front of me was the opportunity to make her mine like I’d planned to do over two days ago before she’d locked herself in her room. I swear the girl just wanted to send me crazy, cutting me off from her for two days, especially after I find out she’s my mate. That thought makes me warm inside, yet confused at the same time because Harley was also Zylen’s mate. Zylen. Shit he was going to kill me. I’d lost Harley. After she had seduced me, I’d laid on her bed awaiting her return, which never came. After two minutes I realised the house was too quiet. I’d called out to her and got no response. This had spiked worry and fear in me. I couldn’t of lost her, Zylen would kill me. But I had, she’d escaped my grasp and now I was about to hang my head in shame and confess to Zylen that I lost his mate. To make it worse I was going to have to confess that I lost her after she seduced me. I shivered at the thought. I was dead. I opened my mind and found my connection to our Alpha who also happened to be Zylen, I groaned and sent him everything that had occurred in the last twenty minutes. I heard a growl in response and I shivered. He was pissed. ‘I will be there in thirty seconds’ was his other response. I winced and whimpered before closing the connection.

Exactly thirty seconds later Zylen stormed through the door followed by a timid looking Kalix. “What the fuck Jace!” he screamed. “One job, you had one fucking job and you couldn’t stop thinking with your dick enough to do it” he screamed and I winced. I knew this was coming, I didn’t want it to but he was right, I had let my dick rule my head and for that I had allowed Harley the chance to escape. “I’m…im sorry Zylen” I said softly, dropping my head in shame. I heard him growl. “Kalix call all the pack, we need to find her! She’s not safe out there on her own” he growled and I watched as Kalix nodded and swiftly left. Leaving me with Zylen. Joy. I said nothing and the tension continued to grow as I watched Zylen pace the room. I knew what he was going through, I was internally dying inside at the thought of anything happening to my precious Harley. ‘We have to get her back’ my wolf said to me and I agreed. ‘what about Z though?’ I thought suddenly guilty that I was planning on stealing his mate. ‘Our mate’ my wolf reminded me. I nodded and left the room. Looks like I had some serious planning to do if I was to get our mate back.

Zylen’s P.O.V

I was fuming. He lost my fucking mate. ‘Ex mate’ my wolf reminded me and I winced. That was right Harley had rejected me. She still had my mark and right now with her missing I prayed my scent still remained with her, it was the only thing I could think of that would give her half the chance of being safe until we managed to find her. ‘We wouldn’t be worrying if you’d of manned up when it came to our mate’ my wolf said and I groaned. Why did he have to be so judgemental, its not like he did a fat lot to help me to be honest, just kept reminding me of my fuck ups. I growled, moaning about the how’s and whys of Harley’s disappearance and feeling sorry for myself was not going to bring her back. Searching for her was. With that I turned on my heel and went to address my pack.

“Why should we?” I heard a female pack member say, I didn’t know her name, but then with over 200 pack members it was hard to remember them all personally. Hey I’m not perfect. I growled and in my alpha tone I said…”You will help find her because she is your future Luna and as your Alpha I command you so” and with that the rest of the pack were silenced. “This is how it’s going to happen” I said and watched as 200 faces turned to me and listened intently to the plans I had. 

After two hours, everyone was ready to go and I was feeling more comfortable about finding her. I mean I had a pack of 200 searching for her, how far could she really get on foot? It was then I thought about what my mother had said about mates and about how wolves could have mates that were shifters of a different species and I shivered. She would of told me if she could shift form, or I would of noticed right? I thought to myself but unable to convince myself. I sickening feeling set in my gut. This isn’t going to be as easy as I first thought. I sighed and ran a hand through my brown hair. My whole body ached and the longer she was gone, the weaker I could feel our bond was getting and it killed me. I couldn’t lose her, I just couldn’t. I needed my mate, whether she’d rejected me or not, I needed her here by my side where she belonged. I paced the floor, worry and fear weighing heavy on my already burdened shoulders. This is all my fault I thought. I should of talked to her about the whole incident with her mother. I just didn’t want to upset her until I had all the facts I was trying to protect her. ‘Yeah and look where that got you’ my wolf sneered. I sighed he really wasn’t helping me. It was 11pm and somewhere my precious mate was roaming alone, I only prayed she remained safe. I sighed again and headed to bed, I knew I probably wouldn’t sleep but I had to try. I had to find her, and I couldn’t lead a pack on no sleep. So after quickly showering and changing I headed to bed and tried to get some sleep ready for the day ahead.