Strange Mates - Chapter 4

A/N: Sooooo sorry for taking so long to upload anything guys!! I will make it up to you i promise :D

Anyways heres the next bit, though its rather short. Enjoy :D x Dannii x

Chapter 4

Zylen’s P.O.V

“Harley! Wait! Stop!” I screamed after her, though it was clear she wasn’t listening to me. ‘Let me take over, you’ll catch her faster’ my wolf whispered. ‘No’ I said, shaking my head. I knew if I let my wolf take control, catching Harley wouldn’t be the only thing he would be doing, he’d be marking her, and I wasn’t ready for that. She certainly wasn’t. I mean look at her, I hugged her, she bolted. I sighed and continued after her.

Coming to a halt, I sniffed the air trying to pick up her scent as she had managed to lose me in a crowd of students near the gym. I managed to find her tantalising scent of Parma violets, and took off in the direction it was coming from and sure enough I found Harley slumped up against the back wall of the gym. I felt my wolf demand me to go comfort our mate, and for once I agreed with him. I approached her slowly and softly as not to spook her. “Harley?” I said softly as I approached. I watched as she looked at me, confusion and nervousness swirling in her violet eyes. She was biting her lip in that cute way of hers and I couldn’t help but stare. “Zylen?” she said softly. Her soft voice like velvet over my skin. I shivered. “Harley, what’s wrong?” I asked her softly. She looked at me, clearly torn as to how to answer the question, and I watched her chew on her lip a bit more, in deep thought. “Nothing” she said finally. I shot her a questioning look, and she dropped her head. I swiftly went and sat beside her. “I know you’re not telling me the truth” I said, trying to catch her gaze. She looked up at me, seemingly surprised that someone had noticed her lie. ‘Get on with it!’ my wolf growled. “Shh” I muttered. I heard a ‘sorry’ come from Harley and I looked at her confused. “What you sorry for?” I asked her. “You just said Shh” she said, confusion forming in her eyes. ‘Oh crap!’ I hadn’t meant to say that aloud and now I seem crazy. How am I going to explain this I thought to myself as I watched her. It was clear she was fighting some sort of internal battle with herself because she continued to chew on her lip and fidget as if she was keeping herself busy to prevent herself from doing something else. “I didn’t mean it towards you” I said softly. ‘smooth, real smooth’ my wolf said sarcastically. ‘oh shut it you! This is your fault anyways, if you would just be quiet, maybe I could think clearly!’ I shot back at him. I felt my wolf recede slightly, and let out a breath in relief. 

“So, Harley, what is wrong? Why did you bolt?” I asked her again, watching her closely as I awaited her answer. I heard her sigh before she turned to face me, meeting my gaze for the first time. “Whh…What’s a mate?” she stuttered out before blushing. ‘ah hell’ I thought. I’d only just really learnt that myself, how the hell was I going to explain it to her? I sighed. ‘here goes nothing’ I thought before smiling at her and beginning. “A mate is shortened for the word soul mate. it’s your other half. The one you fit with completely in every way like a piece of a jigsaw. No other person will measure up to them, you won’t ever want anyone else to love. When you find your mate it’s like finding the last piece of your puzzle, and as you look into each other’s eyes, the piece just clicks into place and you feel complete. Males become very protective of their mates, not allowing other males to touch them. They often become possessive, and won’t be able to cope with being away from their mates if they can help it. The female can’t help but want to be with her mate, she will feel this pull to him. You will know instantly when you have found your mate. The sure signs are usually tingles when you touch each other, and the feeling of safety with each other, along with a strange force that makes you want to be held by your mate.” Pausing to catch my breath, I watched as Harley absorbed all that information, before continuing. “Before you and your mate have properly become mates, you have to go through the mating ritual” I said softly, blushing slightly and watching her. “What’s the mating ritual?” I heard her ask softly, blushing slightly. I smiled before continuing. “The mating ritual has 3 steps. The first one is where you choose to accept or reject your mate. If you accept, as most do, its very rare mates reject each other. Then you will go onto the 2nd step which is the marking. For this, the male wolf bites the female on the neck in the soft part between the neck and the shoulder. This creates the mark that looks very much like a tattoo. Each mark is unique, so no wolves mate will have the same mark. The mark is so other wolves know that the female is taken and therefore they can’t claim her. Also when the mark is made, the males scent is then automatically mixed with the females. This is another way for other wolves to distinguish that the females marked, and to which wolf. After this the 3rd step is the actual mating. I don’t think that one needs an explanation” I say sheepishly and blush. I watch as a blush forms on her cheeks “Yeah that one doesn’t need explaining” she laughs. The sound is so heart warming and musical, my heart does a beat dance and my stomach flips. “So you’re a wolf I’m guessing?” she said softly, before beginning to bite her lip once more, uncertainty in her eyes. “Out of all what I’ve just said, that’s the bit you pick up on” I laugh. “Yeah I am a wolf” I say after composing myself once more. “Yeah I guess it was” she laughs. “Oh, cool” is her response and I watch as she ponders what to ask next. 

The sun bounces of her hair and it shines, flecks of blue highlighted which seems strange yet beautiful at the same time. I feel her shake my arm and I go red, realising I was day dreaming about her. “Can you shift at will?” she asked again. I nodded. This caused her to think again, and I wondered silently what it was that she was thinking about. ‘if you were mated to her, you’d be able to read her thoughts!’ my wolf growled. ‘I thought you’d gone’ I growled back at him. ‘never’ I heard him mutter. I sighed and looked back at Harley. “So have you found your mate?” she asked softly while blushing. ‘damn it’ I thought. How the hell was I suppose to answer that. “Erm, yeah, quite recently actually” I said, running a hand through my hair anxiously and watched her reaction. “Oh” was her only response, but I seen the hurt in her eyes, despite her trying to hide it. “Is she everything the legend said mates would be?” she asked softly. “She’s more, but she isn’t aware of this” I said simply looking Harley in the eyes. I saw the response there as they flittered with love then quickly to confusion. She began to fidget again. “Well I hope you happy” she said softly, before she got up, wiped her hands on her jeans, and began to walk away. 

No I’m not letting her leave me, us I thought. I reached out and grabbed her arm softly. Burning tingles ran through my body at the touch and I shuddered in pleasure. I knew she’d felt it too because her body responded in a similar way to my own. She looked up at me, locking her gaze with mine. “No, I..it can’t be. Can it?” she stuttered as understanding dawned and confusion lined her sweet features. I nodded. “Harley, you are my mate” I said grinning. “No, no that cant be right. You said you’re a wolf, therefore I cannot be your mate” she said quickly. “Yes you can be, and you are. You don’t have to be a wolf to be my mate, though that’s usually what happens” I said softly. “Oh, sorry. You can reject me as your mate if you want, because I’m most definitely not a wolf” she said and I watched as the pain of that sentence swirled in her violet eyes. I looked at her in shock. She honestly thought I was going to reject her because she wasn’t a wolf? ‘Sheesh’ I thought. “Harley, I couldn’t reject you. You’re perfect and I wouldn’t want anyone else as my mate” I said softly, while taking her into my arms. As she sighed against my chest with my chin resting on her head I grinned. She fit so perfectly into my arms, exactly like she was suppose to. She looked up at me, love in her eyes and I smiled, moving a strand of her hair from her face. She smiled, her body shivering as the tingles danced across our skin, igniting a fire that would only grow. I leant down and took her mouth to mine, kissing her softly at first, before running my tongue across her bottom lip, demanding entrance to her mouth, to which I felt her give so freely as she wound her hands into my hair and I practically purred in satisfaction. ‘We have our mate’ my wolf proclaimed. I ignored him and continued to kiss Harley, the sparks dancing as our lips connected so intimately. I held her tightly to me as I released her mouth from mine and smiled at her. She smiled back and laid her head back on my chest. “I love you Harley” I said softly before kissing her neck causing her to shiver. “I love you too” she said breathlessly. And with that I sunk my teeth into her neck and marked her as mine…

A/N: Hey again guys!! so what did you think? good/ bad?? I know people didn't want their relationship to be rushed, and I wasn't going to, but then I had loads of ideas, and so...this was necessary...dont hate cupcakes!! :P much love dannii!! x