13. Normal Classes

Previously ~
No sooner was that done, Lyra started eating her lunch which consisted of avocado and chicken sandwich and a chocolate milkshake. 

She was going to observe them but she wasn't planning on doing that with a hungry stomach.

Hermione started eyeing Lyra's lunch which paled in comparison with the cafeteria lunch. She didn't know why she even opted to have cafeteria food when she knew that she had difficulty downing a normal meal.

Hermione was staring for quite a while with so much longing, the Slytherin girl visibly sighed. Sharing food was one thing she hardly did but Winky had prepared an small, extra share incase she wanted eat some more.

"Here. Take it." Lyra said as she pushed the said food towards Hermione.

"Thanks..." Hermione's response was replaced by Alice's sudden outburst of "I LOVE YOUR NAILS!"

It startled Lyra that she almost went for her wand. Hermione went ram rod straight in her seat, ready for a fight. She almost pulled out her wand from her pocket, which was charmed of course, a spell ready at her tongue when she eventually calmed down after some time.

Jasper saw the reaction of the two girls and used his empath abilities to calm the two girls and Alice.

What surprised them all was that the two girls didn't seem to be affected but become more cautious as Alice visibly calm down. Lyra knew that Jasper was using his 'abilities' that involved manipulation of emotions and was worried about Hermione's rection.

"Alice, you're scaring your new friends." Jasper said to ease the tension.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Alice apologised to the two girls.

"It's fine." Lyra responded and forced a smile towards Alice who seemed to look slightly pouty and sad.

Lyra took a glace at Hermione and held the girl's hand, under the table. With her thumb, she ran circles, a gesture to comfort Hermione.

"Thanks Alice. Glad you like them." Lyra responded clearing the tension and shifting everyone's attention.

"So, what is your favourite subject?" Bella suddenly asked.

"Chemistry. What about you?" Lyra asked. Seemingly unbothered by the sudden change in topic.

It was clearly evident to Hermione that Lyra was very blunt but still so gifted in the art of speaking. Bella was about to respond too but the bell cut off her answer and everyone's attention diverted.

"What's your next class?" Alice asked the two witches.

"French. Both of us." Hermione replied. This time no vampires were in that class which meant that Hermione could question Lyra as much as she wanted.

Parting ways, the two witches headed to their class. Hermione knew that there was no way that Lyra was going to sit in the front of the class. So they went to the back after briefly introducing themselves in French.

Lyra sounded natural as she had Fleur Delacour and her younger sister Gabrielle as friends.

"Start talking." Hermione said and Lyra looked at her.

"Talking about what?" Lyra said so casually that Hermione scoffed.

"About the mind reading, emotion controllling, doppelganger vampires." Hermione said in a harsh whisper.

"You know all there is to know." Lyra said with a shrug, not even bothered.

They weren't able to talk much after that and the class continued.

After French, Lyra had chemistry and Hermione had social studies.

Truth to be said, Lyra was getting bored of introducing herself everywhere she went. Such a tedious, mundane thing.

Lyra was paired off with a really sweet girl called Angela Weber. She didn't disturb Lyra in her work or ask her silly questions. It was a great class for her. It was also a bit nostalgic. She felt like she was brewing potions. Chemistry and Potions were similar but still vastly different subjects.

Hermione on the other hand was it the same class as Rosalie and Emmett.

Apart from the fact that they were a couple and in the same family, Hermione couldn't find it in her to hate them.

The bell gave way for the final class which was gym.

Everyone was present from the two witches to the vampires and the humans as well. Most of the girls were not in the mood for gym, unlike Lyra who had been a beater.

They were doing track today and they were all warming up. Hermione was doing some basic warm ups alongside Lyra when the coach asked them to go first, alongside other girls.

They agreed and got into position.

Not that Edward would say he judged the girls a little too early, but he was not expecting what he saw. The two new students, looked like they were high maintenance. He expected the two girls, especially Black to hold out a protest.

Without much hesitation, the coach blew the whistle and the girls took off. Hermione was leading with Lyra close behind her. The rest of the girls were  not very close.

The boys started cheering for the girls once the whistle was off and it only got louder as Hermione and Lyra came close to the finish line.

The track was easy to run for both of them. There was no bumps or crackes in places where they had to constantly watch their footing. It was great. Towards the middle, Lyra caught up with Hermione and had no interest in going faster. They ran together and reached the finish line as the others who didn't run stare at them.

They guys ran track as well and Hermione found herself impressed by the way in which the vampires controlled their abilities. With the initial fear gone, she started observing them.

Lyra on the other hand was running mental calculations in her mind. 'what if?' questions clouded her mind and she was lost in her own thoughts.

One day of muggle school and Lyra was tired. Not only did they join the classes really late, her heart ached to see a lookalike of Cedric. They sat in silence.

Time skip~

Classes were over for the day and both the girls were heading towards the office. Heading to their car proved to be much harder task with people looking at them. Getting in, Lyra took a deep breath.

She started the car and they got out of there as soon as possible. "Lyra, why did you not tell me?" Hermione questioned.

"What was I supposed to say? Hey Hermione, there is a vampire who looks like Cedric."Lyra retaliated.

" Eyes on the road Lyra." Hermione said and went on a peaceful journey back to their home.

************************
Happy New year. How is 2021 treating ya? For me, its a roller-coaster.
Question of the chapter : Do you guys read original works on Wattpad or only fanfictions? If yes, which genre and/or recommendations. (Please respond.)

Stay safe and take care.
I recommend following as I announce every time I update the story. 

Your one and only

Khonota ~