"Are you done?" I chuckled, feeling her head fall into the crook of my neck as she giggled. "Stop laughing, it's absolutely adorable—it'll make me laugh."r

Mia smiled, chuckling quietly before running her hand through my hair. I grabbed her other hand, smiling from ear to ear when I saw the sparkle of her engagement ring against it. She saw me staring at it, pecking my lips with another chuckle.

"I can't help it when you say stuff like that," she giggled. "Go eat. All the scrambled eggs and bacon you made is more than enough to get us full."

"You're all I want to eat right now," I mumbled against the shell of her ear. She inhaled sharply and gasped when I gently swatted at her inner thigh. "I'm only behaving because I don't want you mad at me for moving."

Mia let out a breathless laugh and stood up, ordering me to sit back down when I moved to stand. I did so with a huff, watching as she shuffled into the kitchen and grabbed the two plates.

"I like babying you," she admitted as she sat back on my lap, putting my plate between us. "You never let me do it when I was in university."

I didn't respond, feeling my gut churn at the memory just before she put the fork to my mouth. I hesitantly opened it and chewed the giant batch of scrambled eggs, noticing Mia's frown slowly grow.

"What's wrong?" She asked, putting the fork down.

I sighed, resting my head back. "I just wish I was the man you deserved back then. I'm always going to feel horrible for how I was to you."

Mia pursed her lips and cupped my cheeks once I finished speaking, tilting my head back. She looked over my face and then leaned down, pressing her lips to mine. I returned her gentle kiss and cupped the back of her head, feeling her lips curve until she pulled away just as fast.

"You weren't the only one who did some pretty fucked up things during that part of our relationship," she murmured. "We tried to make something out of two confused people; it was just the wrong time for us to be something more than what we were. What matters now is that we've gotten a second chance and look where it's taken us?"

"To a safe house in Canada because I decided to start working under a cartel when my business first started growing?" I responded with a cheeky grin.

Mia rolled her eyes and smiled at me. "No. It's taken us to the house we're going to be staying together in for the rest of our lives and a wedding that we're getting ready to plan in the new year."

She pecked my lips and I smiled slowly. I'm not usually in my head about things but when it comes to everything that Mia and I went through when she was in university, I could think for hours about every mistake I made and what I could have done right. I know she's forgiven me but it doesn't mean I've forgiven myself just yet.

"Keep eating," she ordered, rising from my lap.

I whined. "But I liked you there."

"Too bad." She walked into the washroom. "I'm making some toast."

I huffed and listened, eating another forkful.

"Where is everyone today?" Mia asked after a few minutes, walking back in with some toast.

"In the guest house I told you about," I replied. "That's where they stay at night and when I request for them to."