Mia grabbed another egg from the cart and cracked it open into the pan, then waited patiently.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked, moving her under my arm.

"Amazing," she murmured back with a grin. "Thank you for letting me sleep in. I didn't realize how much I needed it."

I smiled and pecked her lips, only feeling her pull away when she had to flip the egg. I watched her actions as she carefully lifted it with the spatula, then flipped it perfectly onto its other side.

"See?" Mia chuckled when she saw my wide-eyed stare. "Your turn."

I shook my head. "I've already ruined too many eggs."

"Just one more." She cracked the egg in the pan and it immediately began to sizzle. The spatula was put in my hands. "Come on."

I bit my lip gently, watching as its egg whites began to change colour again. I could hear Mia giggling as she watched me intensely stare at the egg, then she told me to flip it.

And... "You failed."

I frowned at the messy egg, feeling Mia kiss my cheek in reassurance. I sloshed the egg in the pan until it began scrambled, then added it to the plate. She turned off the stove for me, then grabbed a fork.

"We can try again another day," she assured me, taking a bite of egg. "It tastes good."

I huffed. "I wanted to make you the perfect breakfast."

Mia chuckled and turned my head. She got on her toes to peck my lips.

"You're so cute," she mumbled against my mouth. "I told you I wanted to make breakfast for everyone, Luc."

I looked away with a grunt. "Well, I wanted to make it for you for a change. Besides, you agreed to let me cook."

"I was also half asleep and didn't know what you were saying," she retorted with a grin. "Come on. The doctor said you need to be off your feet."

I groaned in protest as she guided me to the couch, then sat right on my lap. I stopped mid-groan, looking down at her hips, then back up into her golden eyes.

She raises an eyebrow.

I smirk.

"Don't you... Lucian..."

Mia's eyebrows pushed together when my hips rolled up, bumping against her core. She held my shoulders and breathed out slowly.

"There's eggs over there," she mumbled, her eyes closing when my hands slid around her waist.

I feel my lips curl into a devilish smirk.
"You've got the only eggs I want right now."

Amelia's mouth dropped and she stared at me.

And stared... and stared.

And then, bursted out into loud laughter.

"WHAT?" She gasped out through laughs, tilting her head back. My lips curled up and I watched her have a laughing fit, her small giggles only growing into louder laughter by the second.