Chapter 14 - original

Walker #81454's POVT

Two days have passed without incidents since the Battle of the Pillows, except that Walker #80485 was officially a genius when she helped improve the second floor (but I have not yet rule  out the possibility that she reads minds), and that Walker #71619 tore them all apart in training (reminder to myself, never Get into a fight with her).

And besides, I have not yet specialized in anything.

I opened the doors to the clinic, without really any particular hope. I met a walker there who explained to me what to do and how to cure. He told me that in the meantime I could try to help, and if I needed help then call him. This is how it usually went, if you specialize in it, you will not need help and if you do not, everything is fine.

I reached the end of the hallway and entered the room, which was quite large and some embarrassed-looking walkers were there. This was the room where all the strangers who are not seriously injured are put in.

They were involved in an accident that included a deodorant and an experiment in a lighter if there were fire alarms. If you guessed, you were probably crazy enough to do it (or you just saw videos on YouTube), but yes, the flame that was generated was relatively large, according to the burns the three walkers had.

"Hey" I said with a slight worry, and closed the door. It would not have looked pretty bad, but the walker did not explain to me about burns. Well, maybe he's ...

Fine, fine, so I did not listen.

Why listen at all if I do not specialize in it anyway?

The walkers looked at me a little embarrassed. I gave them an amused look back and walked over to the walker who had a burn on his face (and looked pretty bad). I opened the first aid kit and took a piece of cloth to disinfect the burn before putting it on.

I smiled at the walker to signal that everything was fine and started cleaning the wound. I never excelled in good friendships, so I did not really know what to do to bring down the quiet. "So ... how exactly did that happen?" I asked, hesitating a bit.

They threw a hostile look at each other.

"Oh, no, nothing. Except they decided to try to kill us all!" Said the walker I wore. I stopped and looked at the other two walkers. They looked quite embarrassed.

"We're not supposed to kill each other here ... right?" I said sarcastically and the three of them laughed. "Probably allowed ... Remind me to kill Walker #71619 later ..." I said, continuing to disinfect Walker's burn.

He laughed again and said "No no, no one is killed, okay? Agreed?" He said amusingly. "Well, okay. But ..." I started.

"No" I was interrupted by the other two at the same time. "If we are forbidden, so are you." I gave in and walked around and gave them a glimmer of death, but they just smiled. I gave up.

Never mind.

 I approached him again, but this time I had a strange feeling, as if I was trying to write with an eraser.

But it was not quite a feeling, more like ...

directing, or guiding something.

I took off the piece of cloth and put it next to me. I knew this feeling, but I also felt that I had never experienced this feeling.

I decided to flow with it.

I looked into the walker's eyes, which were confused, and shrugged. I put both hands on the wound, as if to cover it.

I saw something flickering in the corner of my eye. Probably an illusion of light.

Around my hands was like a yellow, or gold-colored shell, and I saw the walker's wound close slowly.