XXVII. Out of Thin Air

Start from the beginning

"Hey, this is nice. I wish I could do this back in the real world." Jungwon laughed and smiled - amused by his ability to create something out of thin air.

"You filthy rat!!" Katsumi shouted as she once again leaped.

This time, Jungwon created a red spiky mace. He swiftly dodged her attempted attack and then hit the demon's face. He hit her like he was hitting a baseball.

Katsumi hissed in pain - the mace's spike caused her rough skin to have wounds. She started bleeding from the hard hit.

As she was recovering from the counter-attack, there were a sudden number of arrows coming toward her. She was able to dodge the arrows, but then her body was pushed forward due to the explosions the arrows had created.

As Katsumi was on the ground, she looked up to see Jungwon holding a red crossbow. Jungwon smiled at her before shooting arrows at her once again.

Katsumi started running to dodge the arrows. Her figure is seen dashing rapidly from side to side as numerous explosions appeared behind her.

As Katsumi once again started running towards Jungwon at full speed, Jungwon tumbled out of the way - like a matador out-maneuvering the raging bull.

Katsumi used the claws on her hand to slow herself after missing the target. She once again came towards Jungwon - to which the boy had dodged again.

This went on for quite a while that Katsumi was getting annoyed already. She got distracted because of her annoyance, that she wasn't able to see one arrow flying to her leg.

The arrow detonated - the blast causing her to get pushed towards Jungwon.

Jungwon's crossbow started turning into red energy around his right hand. The once red crossbow had turned into a giant gauntlet.

As Katsumi's body approached Jungwon, the boy had clenched his fist and punched her face - slowly dragging it downwards to make her face meet the floor.

The ground cracked because of the hard-hit - the impact was so hard that debris from the cracking ground appeared. It created a large amount of dust.

Jungwon shook off the dust on his hand as he laughed lightly - thinking that this was way too easy.

Indeed, it was way too easy.

To his surprise, the demon was nowhere near the impact of the punch. Jungwon was alerted and he stayed on guard. He scanned the area around him, looking if Katsumi was attempting to strike from behind.

But suddenly, Katsumi roared.

Jungwon looked in the direction of where the sound came from - upwards. Katsumi was levitating.

"Enough!!" Katsumi shouted very loudly.

She decided to stop messing around by killing Jungwon physically - instead, she started using her powers.

Her eyes glowed emerald green.

Jungwon's eyes had also started glowing emerald green.

---

Minji ran like a lost little girl in the woods. The girl was being chased by three vicious puppets who had no intention of letting her go.

She ran as fast as she could, but deep inside, she knew that she can't outrun them.

Luckily for her, she saw another path different from the one she was currently using.

She quickly looked back as she ran, seeing that the three boys were not far, but not near enough to clearly see her.

Minji quickly removed her jacket and threw it to the branch of a nearby tree - making it seem like her jacket got stuck.

But in reality, she quickly ran the other way - to a path on the left.

She quickly hid behind a large enough tree and started to look at the boys. She saw that the boys fell for the bait and continued on the previous path she was on.

Minji covered her mouth tightly using her arms, not wanting to create a sound despite her nearly crying from the unimaginable and horrific experience.

It turns out, Minji regained her consciousness back when Levi was fighting the 3 boys. She saw how their eyes had no pupils - how their eyes were in full pink color.

She also saw the demonic girl Katsumi. Minji heard that Katsumi planned on kidnapping Minji herself. Never in her life did she think that something like that exists. Never in her life did she think that magic was real.

How unfortunate that her first encounter of magic was something as horrific as that. How unfortunate that her first encounter of magic was because she was going to get harmed - or worse, killed.

She silently caught her breath, but not too long after, someone pats her back.

She screamed while her mouth was covered so that it would remain quiet.

"Minji??! Are you okay??!" Heeseung said as he found her behind a large tree. He suddenly appear behind her - like he appeared out of thin air.

Minji quickly pulled Heeseung so that they can hide. She hugged him tightly. She was so scared of the things that are happening - that she silently cried. She tried her best to not make a sound.

Heeseung was about to ask, but Minji spoke quietly.

"P-please don't make a sound, a-and don't go anywhere. It's h-hard to explain, but p-please....just stay here." Minji said.

She burrowed her face onto Heeseung's chest, crying her heart out directly on top of his heart.

Taken aback by what she said, Heeseung decided to hug her tightly as well. He does not understand what's happening, but he trusts that things will make sense later on.

For now, he just has to do what Minji said, all while comforting her through his warm hug.

---

Subtle grunts and muffled noises woke up a certain someone.

As he opened his eyes, Levi saw a thick green cloud of gas spiraling constantly.

He then continued to hear the quiet noises of someone coming from inside the mist.

Levi slowly stood up, his body still aching from the punches and kicks he received earlier. As he slowly regained his strength, he was able to walk slowly.

He picked up something from the ground - an item that is dear to him.

He looked at the mist - and then held on tightly to the object.

The white and black-haired boy approached the mist with the butterfly knife in his hands.