14 || Candied Storm

Start from the beginning

Hansol took in a shaky deep breath after a few seconds of coaxing and let it out, following Jungkook's lead. "In... Out..."

Jungkook rocked him slowly in his arms, guiding him in a hushed voice. Hansol's helpless cries reduced into muffled sobs, his heartbeat still rapid and limbs trembling.

"Shhh, it's okay now. It's okay now," Jungkook whispered into his ears, cradling him gently.

Taehyung had far off forgotten about his stained shirt and yoghurt smeared hairline. He might not know what the issue was, what kind of situation he was in, but he could very well interpret the meaning of the scene he was being a part of. 

The Jeon Jungkook he had known, or whom he had supposed himself to be familiar with, was not just another twenty-three-year-old male with a successful career and a blissful hypocritical life decorated with upper-class riches and urban friendliness like people had guessed him to be. 

The Jungkook he was witnessing now, sitting there in the lawn oblivion of the cold gusts of stormy wind, looked frightened to death. Behind the strong facade Jungkook had put on for his son in his arms, he could see him shaking like a leaf. The pain in his eyes; the possessive grip of his arms around his son trying to radiate all the love he has, to make the little one feel safe; the cold sweat canopying his forehead; the soft sobs of the little one clinging to his father like his life depended on him, in the literal sense--- made Taehyung's heart clench.

He didn't like it. He didn't like seeing them suffer, Jungkook masking his vulnerability, Hansol trembling in unexplained opaque fear; the baby bear who had called him 'pretty' with a charm only a few minutes ago, now hyperventilating for his life and for some reason, Taehyung felt the need to protect them, both Hansol and Jungkook. 

He wished he could pull them into his arms, provide them with some sort of comfort, love, or anything that would get them out of that time-space, but he restrained himself. He didn't want to overstep Jungkook's boundaries, not without his permission. Being a dad himself, he knew how possessive and defensive he could be if his child was at stake. Still, he wished Jungkook would look up at him, just a small glance to let him know that he could get into their bubble, to help them out.

"Daddy's here baby, it's okay... daddy's here." Jungkook's voice came out low, his grip tightening around Hansol when he felt him shake as another wave of shock coursed through his veins. 

"Pa..pa." A painful cry from Hansol had Jungkook's lips tremble as his own sadness began to engulf him in whole, a lonely tear rolling down his cheek in helpless mourning for his hurting son. 

And that was Taehyung's limiting point. Maybe it was his father instincts that kicked in, for he could never see his Nabi in such a state, or the unknown emotion that had been haunting him for the last few minutes while watching them from the doorway--- he didn't know what passed through him before he realized himself to be crouching down beside Jungkook, one hand softly stroking the little head nuzzled deep in his dad's neck while the other embraced Jungkook in a gentle grip.

"It's okay, Hannie... you're okay," Taehyung called out, his deep soothing voice melting into a soft whisper.

Jungkook's gaze snapped towards him, an array of mixed emotions flashing through his dark orbs in a blink. The unleashed tears coating his doe eyes, the forced stable breathing to not let his son sense his fear,  his clenched jaw trying to suppress the sadness from choking out--- Taehyung could see them all, despite the effort the ravenette was putting to have them hidden.

Taehyung held the ravenette's gaze, listening to his unvoiced calls for help in focused assuring silence, his arms around Jungkook's shoulder tightening gently in warm comfort. 

The pastel sky that had Taehyung find his solace earlier with its picturesque of pleasantry had now dimmed to a dull blue, hushed by the dense turbulent of grey clouds rumbling its way from the horizon testifying the approaching storm, ready to drench the heart of the city with placid darkness. 

Despite the cyclone of emotions surging through, Taehyung's voice came out calm in soothing reassurance, his gaze still locked with the ravenette's-

 "It's okay. It's okay... We'll be fine."

*****

Hello, lovelies!

This is my first time writing an emotional scene... was it 'good'? Though I might have teared up while writing this, ngl. 

Seeing Hannie, our sweet baby bunny, in pain hurts.

This is gonna be an emotional journey, yes, but as you could've interpreted from the previous chapters, I do sugarcoat stuff with humour. So, this will be fun, don't worry.

(Psst: Is my humour very dry? Do they even make you smile? B'coz after reading the chapter nearly fifteen times before publishing, the jokes are no more funny to me and I get myself in a pickle wondering if the jokes are indeed jokes? Hahahaa, funny me.)

Another update will be made soon!!

If this chapter moved you, then boop that little star button (vote)!

Vote, SHARE & Comment.

-EuphoricOnyx-