All Too Well

In which Taylor breaks up with her abusive boyfriend, James and her calling out all he has done to her in their relationship.

Notes:

Part 1 of the Enchanted Series loosely based on some aspects of Taylor's All Too Well song.

(See the end of the work for .)

Enchanted Series

Part 1: All Too Well

Taylor was someone who believed in fairytales. You know, true love, white horses and knights in shining armor rescuing princess from fearsome dragons.

That sort of stuff.

Call her naïve, call her a fool or quite frankly, call her stupid, but she will stand her ground and claim that true love does indeed, without a shadow of a doubt, exists. With this type of mindset, one would call her a gullible soul awaiting inevitable heartbreak in the near future.

If only she listened to them earlier on.

Perhaps she would have been spared.

Perhaps she would not feel like absolute shit.

Perhaps she would have her heart intact.

But no, here she was. Behind her school's courtyard, books in hand, backpack securely fastened to her right shoulder, looking in the distance to where her boyfriend of six years, James, was kissing another girl.

Augustine, she believes her name was, had her hands all over James as they literally ate each other's faces off.

She wanted to empty out her stomach on the spot.

Pinch herself to assure that this wasn't true.

To wake from this volatile nightmare and be in the arms of her boyfriend once again.
But as she stared forward once again, but this time sadness was no longer the dominant emotion, it was pure, unadulterated hate.

Anger.

Disgust.

Pure, agonizing, blazing rage.

She should have known, those sidelong gazes towards Augustine during lunch, the times when she felt like he wasn't committed to her, he truly wasn't.

As she clenched her fist that was free from any sort of object, she took careful steps towards the disgusting display of PDA lied out in front of her. Each step she took felt like a burning crater was left at her wake, which was probably the case.

As she lessened the distance between them, she thought of all she and James had been through together.

The late nights just driving through the traffic lights.

The small conversations they had on the phone, each time they stopped for the night they said "I love you", she now knew that those were fake.

The small gesture of dancing in the refrigerator light during a night of insomnia and coffee.
Never did she think that she would be traumatized by the memory of a mere refrigerator, until now.

All those times, all those memories, all those moments of love, gone.

A single tear, of grief or rage she was unsure, trickled down her porcelain skin as she was now facing the back of the living embodiment of sadistic tendencies.

She knew that whatever she was about to do will end everything she has ever known.
But what would she have to lose?

She contemplated forceful pull to gain his attention, but she settled with a small, insignificant tap on the shoulder.

This was it.

No turning back now.

Goodbye, James.

He turned slowly to reprimand the person who dared interrupt their little session, but it quickly morphed to a face of fear and surprised when he saw his girlfriend instead.

This was followed by a bone crushing, silence killing, Earth shattering slap.

Augustine immediately covered her mouth in shock as she and James looked towards Taylor's direction. Clearly waiting for something to come from the aftermath.

But nothing came.

She stood there with her eyes void of any emotion.

But Taylor now knew this feeling, a feeling she would know all too well.

But instead of glorifying them with a response, she just turned her back from them and walked away, the autumn air slowly blowing her hair as she did.

The seasons were changing and little did she know, so was she.

Winter was fast approaching and she wasn't sure she would survive, but little ray of light in her heart told her she would, to have faith, that there was something waiting for her at the end of this desolate, empty tunnel.

But the pain told her otherwise.

A pain she knew all too well indeed.

Notes:

Up Next:
Part 2: Silhouette
-In which Adam speaks out on a relationship with a girl named Brielle who doesn't really take their relationship seriously and makes him feel invisible, but finds the strength to end it all.