Round House and Phone Numbers

Kuroo pov

I didn't bother going back to Aoba Johsai for a while until the volleyball club got a practice match with them. I was excited for the volleyball playing but I was also secretly hoping that y/n would be there. She had to be there right? 

"Kuro," Kenma tapped my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and see him pointing in front of us. 

"The bus is waiting for you." he said passing me and getting on the bus. Quickly snapping out of my thoughts I boarded the bus and the team sped off to Aoba Johsai. 

When we arrived I guided everyone to the gym passing leaving students. A cluster of girls yelling were all huddled around the gyms entrance. When we got to the entrance none of us, not even Yaku were able to squeeze passed them. We tried to tell the girls to move but none of them budged they were trying to all push their way into the gym as if a real game was going on or something. It was just a practice match. Suddenly, everything stopped and went quiet. A few of the girls gasped and others glared in protest. They had all turned to face the team or rather the person standing behind all of us. I turn a bit to see them looking at a familiar girl. y/n. She saw me and something in her eyes lit up. She walked passed the volleyball team and up to the girls who parted to let her pass treating her like a queen. 

"Fucking suck up," one of the girls whispered as y/n passed. Despite not knowing what they were talking about I knew it was a severe insult to y/n since one glare from her sharp eyes made the girl shut her trap and step aside. 

"Your the one who can't get close enough to TOORU to be able to give him your love letter," y/n said holding back a smirk. The pathway she had created stayed long enough for me and the other members of the volleyball club get by. 

...

The practice match was loud. Really fucking loud, the girls outside had finally piled inside the gym and every single time that Oikawa did anything, including speaking to his team or giving a signal the girls would shout and cheer for him. One girl even tried to throw flowers at him but I saw y/n from the bleachers stop her. I held back a smile. 

The game ended with Aoba Johsai winning. Both teams helped clean up the net and balls. Most of the girls filed out of the gym heading home but a few of them stayed to watch Oikawa clean or something stupid. Y/n came down to help all of us with the equipment. She stayed near Oikawa and Iwaizumi but ever so often would look my way catching my eye. Kenma noticed...

"What's up with that girl? She's staring at you," Kenma said holding a volleyball in his arms. I took a look at y/n and tried to think of an excuse. In the end I just stated in a lame voice, 

"I dunno, maybe she has a crush or somethin," Maybe I have a crush, I'm the one who is watching her to make sure that she is looking at me. I think to myself. Kenma snorts and leaves me alone heading to his bag where he had left his one and true love, his switch. I rolled my eyes and turn around only to quickly step backwards seeing that y/n was right in front of me now. 

"Sorry to bother you number one, what was that about me having a crush?" she asked in an all too soft tone. I blinked, how'd she hear me? Not only does she do martial arts and can do a ton of badass shit she also has amazing hearing. 

"It was nothing-" I say quickly. She smiles and takes her phone out. 

"Well then you wouldn't mind if I got your number right?" she asked. I say nothing for a moment then take my own phone out. We exchange numbers with each other then without saying another word y/n sped off back to Iwaizumi and Oikawa clutching her phone to her chest. I shrug and get the team ready to leave and head home.

"What was that about?" Yaku comes up besides me looking at my phone to see the next contact on my phone. 

"Nothing, she wanted my number." I tell him. He smirks and looks to y/n then back to the contact. 

"You like her don't ya," he smiles. 

"No," 

Yes I like her