Hook Kick and Shy Hangout

Kuroo pov

y/n's dad dropped the two of us at y/n's house. I got my bike, congratulated y/n again on her medals then rode away trying to think of a way to respond to the message that y/n had given me. It was an awkward drive to her house since the car was quiet with y/n giving me a look the entire way. A look that told me to answer her message. I got back home, put my bike in the garage and headed to my room flopping on my bed. After a few minutes I went back to my messages and read, once again the message that y/n had given me. 'If you're free tomorrow can we hang out?' I smiled at the message and decided to finally answer her. It would've been too weird to answer her while we were still in the same car. I take a deep breath and begin to type back. 

'of course, I'll meet you at your house at around noon if that works for you,' I say to her. It takes y/n about two point three seconds to respond with a quick yes. I smile and shake my head a bit thinking back to her words this morning. 'because that's what you are to me,' I still didn't really know what she meant by that. So I decided to ask her once more about her nickname for me. It took her a little bit longer to respond to me. Her message when she sent it was long. 

'I call you that for a few reasons, your volleyball jersey number is one which is the first thing I knew about you other then that you went to Nekoma high. The second reason why I call you 'number one' is something I'll tell you tomorrow. Just know for now that you are my first something,' I try over and over again to make sense of y/n's message but to no avail. 

at dinner my parents ask about the tournament. I explained in detail of what it was like to be watching y/n fight. She was fierce but she seemed less fierce when she started her fighting or as she called it, sparring. She seemed to avoid the opponents attacks then throw a kick of her own.

...

I knocked on y/n's door. She opened it with a smile on her face. I realized I'd only ever seen her in two outfits before, her school uniform and her Taekwondo uniform. Now she was just in every day clothing. A simple f/c top and jeans. She had on black and white converses with rainbow socks. 

"Hey there," I say letting y/n step outside of the house shutting the door. 

"Where do you wanna go?" she asked me. I think for a moment then ask,

"Have you had lunch yet?" I ask her. She shakes her head getting the same idea as me. The two of us decide on a place to get food and begin to walk there. On the way we make small talk about Taekwondo and volleyball. I don't know why I was surprised that she knew almost all the rules to volleyball.

We got lunch and sat at a table outside. y/n seemed a lot nicer now that she wasn't near Oikawa's fangirls and wasn't well, kicking me in the face. I randomly laugh thinking of the moment. y/n turns to me eyebrows raised. 

"What's so funny?" she asks biting back a smile. 

"I was thinking of when you front kicked me," I say hoping that my knowledge of the different types of kicks would impress her.

"I was protecting you," she argued. I just snorted and then brought something else up. 

"What was the last reason why you call me 'Number one' instead of Kuroo?" I ask her. I watch as her cheeks and ears go red. It was like someone dumped red paint on her face. It's kinda cute if I am being honest. She turns away from me, averting her eyes to look at the ground. I feel as though I just opened a door that wasn't supposed to be opened. I'm about to tell her that she doesn't have to say it if she doesn't want to but before I can y/n takes a breath and says to me in a confident voice,

"I call you number one since you are the first person that I've ever had a crush on before."