Duel of Feathers

"Jin

"Jin... You need rest." Yuna said in a worried expression

"I don't need rest, there are still Mongrels out there." Jin said

"Please just take a break!" Yuna cried out

He didn't respond, no, he didn't know how to respond, so he walks away but Yuna grabs him not letting him go. Jin pushes Yuna off of him and goes to his horse, he jumped on top of it and rode off, leaving Yuna to herself.

Jin woke up and the bright blue sky filled his eyes as he rose his back up.
He looked around to see the camp is having breakfast.

"Hey, are you Jin Sakai?"

Jin looks behind to see who was it, it was a short hair women with a sleeveless shirt.

"Name's Vernal by the way."

"How do you know my name?" Asked Jin.

"Raven told me." Vernal says.

"If you're hungry you can grab a bite over there" Vernal says as she points to a stall.

"Thank you" Jin thanks Vernal as he stands up and also picks up his gear.

He walks to the food stall and grabs a bowl and pours some soup out of the pot. Eating all of it he begins to go to a village.
He takes a step out of the camp.

"And what are you doing?" Raven said behind him.

"Leaving." Jin replied as short as he can facing back at Raven.

"Come join our tribe.", "I believe you'd be a great addition."

"No." Jin said.

"Then I'll have to force you." She said as she pulls out her sword.

She rushed at him with a over head, Jin dodged to the right.
Raven continued her assault swinging and slashing at Jin who was dodging all here attacks.

"You're slow." Jin commented on her speed.

Jin's plan worked and got Raven even more angrier and she proceeds to do a big horizontal cut causing a fiery slash to come rushing at Jin, this surprised
Jin but he also dodged it by jumping up.

"Why aren't you fighting back!" Raven shouted in anger and confusion.

Raven slashes Jin again but he pulls out his katana in a instant and perfect parries it causing Raven to be open to attacks and that's what Jin did, he slashes her chest but it seemed to be protected by some force.
Jin was momentarily perplexed and Raven took advantage of that and swung at Jin.

He dodged backwards but was hit, it wasn't fatal but it was irritating.
Raven swung overhead at Jin who was in pain, Jin blocked the attack and was interlocking with Raven's blade.

"Don't be a hassle and join already!" She shouted in annoyance.

Jin pushes her back with his blade keeping distance with each other.

Raven slashes in the air making a fire slash towards Jin. He rolled under it, dodging it.

Raven dropped her blade off her handle and pulls out another one from her scabbard.

She swings overhead towards Jin. But Jin dodged left and hits the ground causing a explosion. She looks to her right and swings again at Jin.
Jin looking at the chance, he rushed at her and cuts her blade in a instant, almost looking like he teleported.

The blade that Raven had in her hand exploded on her face, screaming in pain she fell down in pain.

"Raven!" A voice came from somewhere

A person appeared, it was Vernal, the person who he meet a few instances before.

Vernal kneels next to Raven to make sure she's alright.
She looks at Jin angrily and pulled out her weapon.

"Let him be." Raven said holding her face.

"But he-"

"Let him be!" Raven shouted

Vernal discharged her weapon, staring at Jin.

Jin put his ghost mask on and sheathed his katana and faced his back to them. he started walking away, heading to the area where Raven claimed to be a village.

When he reached a safe spot away from the bandit camp he bandaged up his wound and continued.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Time passes as his legs were getting tired. He had found a lake and decided to take a rest in it.
He took off his armor and clothes and dipped in the cool water.

Yuna. It was all he thought, he had some feelings towards her but he couldn't
express it, he couldn't imagine how devastated she would be if she found out he died. He imagined all the good times he had with her, drinking sake with each other, riding horses with each other, and generally just talking to her made him feel at peace.

Jin took a deep breathe and stepped out of the lake and proceeded to put back on his gear.

He continued to walk toward the path, occasionally eating some grub he hunted. He soon finds a fork in a path and a sign that says ARGUS pointed to the right. Jin heads for Argus.

 Jin heads for Argus