She ignored him, pushing herself up. Almost immediately she was assaulted by a piercing headache.

"Here." Grover handed her a bowl of Ambrosia with the texture of a thick pudding. It tasted like cheeseburgers. More specifically from Chony's cheeseburgers which was where she and Luke had stolen food from during their first few weeks together.

She was pretty sure it had been shut down due to money laundering.

She spooned the heavenly food into her mouth feeling her pain slowly subside and the energy return to her limbs. The downside of having her physical wounds lessen was that it made her brain focus on her emotional ones.

At the end of her bed Grover looked as miserable as she felt and she decided to focus on that rather than her own pain. "Are they giving you that searcher's license?"

He picked his fingers nervously. "Yes. But I'm not going just yet. I want to make sure you and Annabeth are... ok."

Ok? In what world were things going to be ok? She felt a flash of anger. Maybe if he hadn't been so impatient to get his searcher's licence he wouldn't have lead them astray so many times. They wouldn't have even been in this situation if it weren't for him.

Almost as soon as her anger rose it faded leaving her with immense guilt for even thinking of blaming him. It wasn't his fault. He had done his best. She should've been the one to stay back. To fight.

She set down the bowl which Grover watched like he was worried it might explode. Considering what nectar and ambrosia could do to mortals she wasn't surprised.

On the bed beside her Annabeth was asleep. A lock of blonde hair had made its way across her open mouth and her leg was propped up in a cast.

She opened her mouth to wake her up but thought better of it. It had been a rough few days. The poor girl deserved her rest. She wasn't sure if Annabeth already knew or if she would have to break the news of Luke's death herself.

No matter which one it was she wanted to freshen up first. She was still wearing her tattered clothes that hadn't been washed in days.

"Is there a bathroom I could use? And a place I could get new clothes?"

Grover jumped up. "Of course! I'll be right back."

She made her way outside as he sprinted down the lawn into the distance.

Camp. She didn't get a good look at it when she had first run through. It was almost disgustingly beautiful. After all the horrors she had faced this place had been here all along?

After a few minutes, Grover returned heaving under a mountain of clothing. "I wasn't sure of your size so I got everything we had."

Poor satyr. Grover probably thought she was mad at him for the Luke situation. It was a fair assumption but he had done his best.

In the end it was her fault. The monsters had been after her. Because Zeus (Thanks a lot dad) decided to break an oath he put in place fifty or something odd years ago.

She went into the adjoining bathroom and pulled on the shirt from the top of the pile. It hung loosely over her thin frame. She frowned critically. She and Luke had made a pact that if they were low on food to give it all to Annabeth.

She hadn't eaten in days and it had shown.

"Is there anything to eat?" She asked reentering what she assumed was the infirmary. She wasn't really hungry despite her famished appearance but she was hoping her request would give her a couple minutes of alone time.