1|| Thalia

It was three years since they had reached camp. Three years since Luke had sacrificed himself for them.

She sighed. Of course it also meant that it was one year until the great prophecy was said to happen.

Clear blue skies, the smell of fresh strawberries in the air; everything was perfect. Well as close it could be for a demigod anyway.

Thalia hummed to herself sitting under Luke's pine. She didn't visit often. Not because she didn't want to but every time she tried she found herself so angry. Angry at her dad (because seriously what kind of solution was turning him into a tree?), angry at camp (because before the magical barrier formed was there even any kind of real protection going on?), and mad at herself.

Because if she had been just a bit stronger. A bit faster. A bit more powerful-

She could almost feel the electricity charging in the air and took a breath to calm herself. Over the years it had gotten better but this was the reason her visits were still limited.

Annabeth was teaching other campers ancient Greek. She had only just turned eleven yet she was already co-counsellor of the Athena cabin and viewed as one of the best teachers in camp. 

She was glad Annabeth had settled in so nicely and she told Luke so.

"You would be so proud of her. I've made friends too though don't worry. There's a girl called Sophie who's an Athena kid like Annabeth. Super smart and official head counsellor. I helped her apply to some colleges."

Her help mostly consisted of laying on the floor and marvelling at the forgeries of school documents. In her defence she hadn't done official schooling since grade two and back then she was pretty sure her teacher was some sort of monster because she had hated Thalia way too much for an ordinary mortal. 

"You know I think if the strawberry farm ever stopped making money we could make some decent cash from forging documents." She mused.

"There's also this kid from the Hephaestus cabin called Miguel. He's two years younger than me and he tried to help me make a sword."

It ended up crooked and she had let him melt it down for scraps.

"It didn't work." She huffed. "Problem is most of the people my age aren't year rounders."

That or they're dead. She didn't say the last part in order not to bring down the mood.

"Anyway Chiron says he wants to tell me about the prophecy or whatever."

She played with Aegis, fidgeting with the contraption. 

"The great prophecy. It's apparently why the big three swore to never have kids and should tell me why Hades got so pissed that Zeus broke the rules."

As usual there was no answer.

"Annabeth misses you. And so do I." As usual the tree gave no response. 

Thalia didn't open her eyes. It was a dream. It had to have been. One big horrible nightmare where Luke had died right in front of her eyes.

She cracked an eye open allowing a golden light to shine through.

"Where am I?" Her voice was hoarse.

"Camp." Grover's voice was soft. "You remember?"

Damn it. Yes she remembered.

She propped up an arm to push herself up. "Where's Annabeth?"

"Right there." He pointed to her left. "But please don't move too much. Dahlia will kill me if you hurt yourself."