Chapter 6

3rd POV

Syd was sitting on the bus next to her friend, and scrolled through her phone while they shared earbuds. B was across from them, sitting solo and watching the barren streets pass him. He spent most of Sunday texting Benny, and was pleasantly surprised that it seemed as if he actually wanted to talk to him. It mostly just consisted of them getting to know one other, yet it meant the world to B. He never had too many friends, so this sort of thing was exciting and new for him.

Soon, the bus stopped at the school and its metal door slowly opened themselves up. He and the two girls waited for everyone else to leave, since they were near the end of the bus, and ushered themselves out of the compact vehicle.

"That thing makes me claustrophobic," Beeb complained in a sarcastic tone. "I know, it smells like shit in there too. Remind me to only take the bus when we absolutely have to, okay, Beeb? I have a car you know," B followed closely behind the girls, and parted ways with them as soon as they entered the building.His first class was P.E., which he was not too happy about, especially at 8 o'clock in the morning.

About 20 kids stood in the gym, waiting for the teacher to give instruction. "Goodmorning, all. When we finish our routine stretching, were going to be playing a team game in groups of four," This made B's heart sink. He knew he was going to have to interact with some kids in this class at one point, but he didnt think it would happen soon. It would have been fine if it was two large groups, yet groups of four required some kind of teamwork from all members. "Ill let you choose your own teams for today, but dont take this for granted. Five minutes, you all, I want to see some stretching!"

As B practiced his high knees, and small girl with curly pink hair came running up to him with a big grin on her face. She wore a bright pink dress, and pink and blue gloves with shoes to match, right side being pink and left side being blue. "Hello!! You must be Bennys friend, right? Oh, hes told me so much about you, hehe!" B raised one brow and blushed a bit, now knowing that Benny was talking about him. "Erm, yeah, I guess," He tried to ignore her and go back to his exercises, but she continued to talk. "My name is Unice! Your name is Sinclair, right? Omigosh, we should totally be in the same group together. Any friend of Bennys HAS to be friends with me!" How could he say no? Besides, it made him feel warm inside that for the first time in a while, someone has offered to partner up with him. "Sure.. Just call me B, please,"

When the five minutes was up, Unice was already side by side with B, talking about whatever. As a few kids huddled together, there were two people without a group. It seemed like they wanted to be with their friends, but had to stick with the group of four rule.

"You two, go join Sinclair and Unice please, then we can start," The duo hesitantly walked over and one of them crossed their arms and rolled their eyes. They were a boy and a girl, both about the same in height. The boy had nicely combed brown hair, and wore an orange and blue hoodie with blue jeans.

"Um, hi there! I'm Emmet!", the boy cheered. "Hiiii! Im Unice, and this is Sinclair! But you'd better call him B," Unice and Emmet giggled, making B blush.

They proceeded to play a game of battleship. Well, sort of. Unice and Emmet were a bit clumsy and could never quite throw the ball right, while B was trying to hold his team up the best he could with the one other girl he still didn't know the name of.