Chapter 5

3rd POV

Kenny walked inside their house with Benny in tow and heard his younger brother playing with toys. Lenny came running up with his arms stretched wide open and latched onto Bennys leg. "Bennyyy!!" He squealed. "Aww, hi Len! I missed youu," Benny got down on his knees and ruffled the hair of his little brother.

Jenny was lying on the couch with the TV on while she scrolled on her phone. "Hey, Ben," She greeted with a monotone voice. "Hi Jenny! How was school?" Ben sat next to her and put an arm on his side. Jenny had deep black hair with white tips, and usually wore dark clothes. She was a 7th grader this year, yet looked much older for her age. "It was ok, I guess," Jen paused. "Hey, I heard you went to a boys house, how was that..?" Benny blushed and looked down at his lap. "Ohh, it was good, heh, we just had to work on a school project,"

"Well, he's gonna have to get along with the rest of us if he's gonna be your boyfriend!" Jen chuckled, only half joking. "Ah, Jenny!!" Ben shook his head and covered his face with his hands.

"Hey Ben, its time to help with dinner," Kenny called out from the kitchen, which wasn't at all far from the living room. "Byee, Jen!" Benny ran up to the stove and followed Kenny's instructions carefully as they made lasagna.

2 hours later~

The door busted open as a hunched over woman entered the house. She had curly blonde short hair that rested like a pillow on her head, and wore heavy eyebags that were masked over by pounds of makeup. Her long velvet dress fell to her ankles and just barely covered her red heels. "Mommy!" Lenny shouted as he waddled up to the door. Jenny just ignored her and stormed to her room, while Kenny and Benny waited for the lasagna to finish cooking.

"Hey, kids," she groaned. "Whats for dinner?" The two boys looked at eachother before Ken said, "Lasagna, its almost ready. Ben, you should be getting ready for bed now, okay?" Benny sighed and walked to his room. Kenny always acted like his dad even though he wasn't even that much older than him, and even Jenny would sometimes pipe in and be equally as overprotective. He just needed some alone time from his family.

While laying in his star covered sheets, he heard a familiar beep on his phone. He looked over and saw that it was from B! Ben fumbled with his phone and scrambled to read the text.

'Hi Benny :) I had a nice time with you, would you want to come over again sometime next weekend?'