Chapter 3

3rd POV

4 Days Later~

Ever since Benny sat next to him in English on the first day, B's been busy trying to avoid him. It would be absolutely humiliating if he did something as small as getting an incorrect answer. Pretty boys always made him sweat.

When 5th period started, Miss Schwartz gave a short synopsis of the lesson plan and what they would be working on for the next few weeks.

"Class, today you will be starting a project that will be taking up most of your time in this room. You must complete a book report and then present it to the class." She paused. "It will be a partner project."

A few students looked at eachother from across the room with smiles, indicating that they were to pair up. Yet, B felt his stomach drop, and his face go pale. He didn't know anybody in this class, and wasn't interested either. He's always been a bit introverted and shy, so he wasn't a big fan of getting to know new people.

"All the information you'll need is on google classroom. I suggest you find your partner soon, since you only have about 2 weeks to finish this," B watched as his peers got up and met with their friends, excitement showing in their expressions. Like a deer in headlights, he froze, and pondered what to do next.

"Uhm.. Miss Schwartz..?" The woman looked up from her pile of papers and cocked her head. "Whats the matter, dear?" B gulped. "Well, eh, I was just wondering if I could possibly do the project by myself. I promise I work better when I'm alone, ma'am," Schwartz frowned. "Sinclair, my instructions were to work with a partner. I understand that you want to be alone, but you must step out of your comfort zone," She scanned the room for a moment. "Why don't you work with Benny? He's very sweet, and im sure you two will get along just fine," B nodded, and with every step he felt the color drain from his face.

With a deep sigh, he tapped on the boys shoulder. "O-oh! Um, hi there," Benny directed his gaze at the floor and played with his sweater. "Hello, Benny. I was wondering if.. it was okay for us to be partners?" The boy looked up and gave a soft smile. "Yes, that would be wonderful... that you for asking me, heh," He looked at the ground again. "Erm, what was your name again? I'm very sorry.." "Sinclair, but you can call me B,"

Nodding his head, he held his hands together and blushed. "Okay, B, hehe," 'Did he just... blush?' B thought to himself. "Do you wanna get started? I already have it pulled up on my computer," "Sounds good,"