chapter 7

Chapter 7 

I lay down on the bed and though about how my dad didn’t even wish me a happy birthday he probably forgot. I got a text off my brother and mom everyone else probably forgot. There was a knock on the door and I snapped out of my trance.

“Hey mom said you were a little upset. How about you tell me and I give you a tour of the grounds” I nodded and got up. I held his hand and he showed me around the house, their kitchen was huge and they had a cinema room and a room full of games like snooker/pool. We went outside and sat on a swing outside.

“Baby what’s wrong, you’ve been really quiet” he kissed my cheek and I moved away. He looked hurt but I just felt bad.

“I’m sorry” I whispered.

“Why you haven’t done anything wrong, what happened. Priyanka my family love you they’ve all been telling me how nice you are and how perfect you are for me”

“Nate, your family is amazing and I love them already I just feel like they have accepted me but I can’t ever give you that. My Dad won’t be happy with this, that’s the way he works. Your life is amazing and so are you but I’m just me there’s nothing special in me”

“Baby look at me, I love you and I don’t care if your dad hates me as long as you want me I’m yours I will convince him somehow to accept this relationship” I hugged him and we just sat on the swing together.

“Nate hey can you watch Kyle for me please I need to help your mom with dinner” she thanked him and ran inside. He started crying and Nate rocked him slowly. I watched in awe, he didn’t stop so I took him he came to me and he stopped crying and put his head on my shoulder, we went inside and Nate sat down and watched me. I rocked Kyle till he fell asleep; I took him into the kitchen.

“May where shall I put Kyle he has fell asleep” they all looked at me. “What’s wrong?”

“He barely goes to anyone, I’m just surprised he went to sleep. Thank you can you give him to his dad he will put him in his cot” I nodded and took him back out all the guys were sat in the next room. I knocked on the door, and went in.

“Um Kyle fell asleep could you put him in his cot please” Jack took him off me and thanked me.

Nate came and hugged me from behind “You’re going to be a great mom one day” he whispered in my ear, I blushed.

“I’m going to help your mom” I pushed him off and went to the kitchen.

They were discussing what to make for dessert “I could make something if you don’t mind” they looked at me and smiled.

“You know how to cook, Nate really has a keeper here” Ana showed me where everything is and I started. I decided to make chocolate fondant with double cream.

I finished making the dessert and put them in bowls on the side, ready for after the main meal. They had made lasagne and wedges with veg and garlic bread. We all sat down to eat and Nate made me sit next to him. He poured my food and I said I could have done it myself.

“So Priyanka what do you do” Andrew Nate’s dad asked.

“Well I have a degree in bakery and teaching and I start my job in September as a catering teacher”

“You could teach May a thing or two” she hit her husband on the shoulder.

“What about your parents”

“Well my mom doesn’t work she is a carer for my grandma and my dad owns his own business and my sister is a doctor. My brother is still in Uni” I spoke but I had to try and stop the bad memories from surfacing when speaking about my sister. 

Nate put a hand on my hand and squeezed it I looked up and smiled.

“Honey do your parents know about you and Nathan” what do I say

“Um her mom knows but we haven’t told her dad yet”

“Is it because you’re Indian and Nate isn’t” Lisa spoke. Everyone looked at her.

“Don’t be rude”

“What I only asked because my friend is going out with an English guy and her dad doesn’t know”

“It’s ok your right my dad is a little old fashioned, he doesn’t know yet but I plan to tell him soon” I smiled at her and she said sorry. 

“Um why don’t I go and get dessert” Ana got up and I was about to but Nate pulled me back down.

“Are you ok” he whispered.

“Ye I’m ok they have to know at some point” I kissed his cheek and went to the kitchen.

I grabbed the tray and took it inside and gave everyone a bowl, we passed the cream around and everyone ate in silence. “Best dessert I have ever had”

“Yes it was wonderful, well done Priyanka” I smiled and they all thanked me.

“I would just like to do a last minute toast to Priyanka our new family member, you have changed my son and we are very happy of your relationship. Welcome to the family we will be expecting grandchildren soon Kyle seems lonely” I blushed and hid in Nate’s shoulder.

“Oh my gosh dad stop” he laughed.

“Let’s clean-up” we all got up and I was surprised when all the boys did the washing and putting away. The girls went into the living room and sat down, “We make the food between us and they wash up I don’t want the boys to be lazy” she laughed.