Chapter 4

Simi decided to come home with Ricky behind.

“Hey guys shall we go get lunch” Ricky suggested.  

I slipped on some shorts and a tank top because it was hot. I grabbed my bag and keys and we left. We all decided on this nice little restaurant where Simi and I came all of the time.  We sat down and the waiter came to our table. We ordered our food and the guy left and the boys had huge grins on their faces.  

“We always wanted girls that didn't care what they ate. I don’t like it when girls are overly skinny like what the he'll am I supposed to grab thin air” Nate spoke and put his hand on my thigh. We all laughed and one voice stopped me.  

“Priyanka what are you doing here. I'm surprised you can afford McDonald's. I was just on my way to talk to you. May as well say it here, don't cause a scene at my wedding I know I said 3 guests but you can't now especially not your white boyfriend here. Wait till dad finds out he will die”  

“Jessica don't even go there” I warned my sister. “You know what how about I just don't come would that be better”

She grinned. “Ye that would be amazing I don't need you I have Nisha to be my bridesmaid” And with that she just walked off. I got out of my seat and went to the toilet. I was biting back my tears how could she say that. I headed back outside and sat down

“Guys can we pretend like that didn't happen please” Our food came and I suddenly lost my appetite. I ate bits but I pushed the rest over to Nate who happily ate it.  

We headed back home and I looked in my mirror. What was it that made people love her, was it her flat tummy, skinny legs or hourglass figure. I looked at myself in the mirror disgust. 

I wasn't skinny I had fat thighs and a fat tummy. The tears pricked my eyes and I let them flow. I collapsed next to my bed and Nate knocked on the door.  

“Hey, what are you still doing here” my voice was raspy and my eyes were soar.

“Checking on you”                                                              

“Nate you shouldn't be here, I'm not good enough for you. You heard my sister I'm not needed by anyone. I think it's best if we don't talk to each other again” I mean he was such a sweet heart and I was just plain old me.  

“No I really like you, Priyanka I feel attached already and it’s only been two days” He leaned forward and kissed me on the lips it was only a peck but it was sweet.  

“Nate can you take me somewhere please Simi has my car” He nodded. There was only two people who I think genuinely love me. My grandma and mom.  It was Monday so my mom and grandma should be together, whilst everyone is at work.  Nate drove me down and I asked him to come with me. I needed him close.  

“Mom Nanny Ma”  

“Hey sweetie what are you doing here”  my mom hugged me.  

“Mom Nanny Ma this is Nathan”

“I'm her boyfriend” I looked up at him  

‘Aww that's wonderful dear congratulations, even though he isn't our religion he is very handsome, you listen hear you hurt my baby I will beat you up.”   

“Mom are you ok with this” I looked at her.

“Yes honey I'm happy for you it's your father I'm worried about”

“Mom promises me you won't tell him. I will in my own time” she nodded and hugged me tightly.

“Alrighty dear I will see you at home for your birthday”

“Actually Mrs Kumar I wanted to take Priyanka out on her birthday. Just the two of us but if you'd like I will move the booking”

“No that's alright just look after her. I'll see you at the wedding then”  

“Mom Jessica doesn't want me there either. I'm not going”  I looked at my feet.

“Honey as you wish but your father will want you to come”  

“Mom I told you I'd deal with dad. I'll see you soon mom and Nanny Ma I love you”   

My Mom pulled Nathan into a hug and whispered something.  

We got in the car and went home. The apartment was empty when we got there and it was getting late.  

“Nate will pasta be alright”

“Ye that's fine do you need any help” 

“Ye do you mind getting me some stuff out” I gave him the list and he got to work. At Uni I took bakery course alongside teaching. I love cooking all of the time.  I decided to make some chocolate and walnut brownies.  I made the batter and put them in the oven whilst Nate finished the pasta. We sat down to eat in silence,  

“Baby your brownies” 

“I got up and checked them and cut them up. Nate had gone to our room and was having a shower I put a huge piece of brownies and ice cream in the bowl for us to share.  

He came out of the shower, with just a towel on his hips. He crawled in the bed and I have him a spoon full. He moaned and I giggled.  I was right that six pack was defiantly there. He grabbed his boxers and shorts and changed in the bathroom. He crawled under covers and we just fed each other. The silence told me that we didn't have to talk after everything that had happened today we just needed some quiet.