Pt.2

You and Rayla sat on a rock beside each other while the princes slept. Rayla started to try and pull and bite at her remaining binding to get it off. She sighs in annoyance and holds out her hand as she points at the binding. "Unbind yourself!.... Unbind thyself." She says. "Unbindo!" She says raising her voice a bit. She sighs again and looks over at Bait.

He grunts at her. "Don't judge me." She says and turns to face him. "So what im talking to my ribbon-thing? How is that any worse than talking to a... Whatever it is that you are." She says and Bait turns pink with blue spots making you giggle. "He's a glow toad Rayla." You say. She starts having a staring contest with the Toad and eventually he groans and licks his eye... "Ugh!" She says and turns away.

The two of you hear a bell toll. You look at the castle in the distance before turning and glancing back at the boys before looking down. You knew they where having a funeral for him. Although it was so soon. You felt guilty. "It's my fault." You say. "What?" Rayla asks. "I could have saved the king! I could have-.... I didn't. I just grabbed Callum and ran. I was weak. And it cost the king his life. It cost they're FATHER'S life." You say.

"There's nothing you could've done
y/n... You did the right thing." She says. "I'm having trouble believing that..." You say and stare at the moon.

________

The next morning you where sitting in a tree while Callum was drawing the primal stone just below. You peek down. "Callum. Callum? Hey!" You say. He looks up a little surprised. "Thats your name, right? Callum? Clem? Or was it Camel?" You say. "Uh, it's Callum." He says. You jump down from the tree and sit beside him.

"I guess i was just distracted trying to draw this... Prima-ball." He says. "Primal Stone." You correct him. "Right." He says. "It holds the pure essence of a primal spirit inside." He says. You roll your eyes and sigh. "Primal Source?" You say. "Right..." He says. "You do know what the six primal sources are?" You ask.

"Uh, if i say yes, are you gonna make me name them?" He asks. You chuckle and hold out your hand. He hesitates but sets the primal stone down and hands you his sketch book. "All Majic in the world comes from the primal Sources. They're the original and purest forms of majic energy." You say as you start to draw. You point at each one as you speak "The Moon, the Stars, the Earth, the Ocean, and..." You tap the primal stone with the pencil. "The Sky." He says and pick it up.

"Yes. To cast a spell, a mage needs Primal Energy. So that wind breath spell you did? You'd usually need a storm or at least a strong breeze. But with that Stone, you have all the power of the Sky any time." You say and smile softly. "Wow." He breaths.

"Primal Stones are incredibly rare. They've been sought after by the most powerful arch-mages in history. And now, somehow you have one." You say as you close the sketch book and hand it to him. He opens it again and looks at the drawing of the Primal Sources. "Wait, I... I've seen these before. At the Banther Lodge." He stands up. "There was this little cube thing and it had these exact symbols on it." He says.

"Uh, Neat?" You shrug. "What if it's majic? We have to go get it." He says and puts the sketch book away in his bag. You stand up. "Wait what? We have real problems to worry about Callum. Ending the war. Taking the dragon egg to Xadia. Remember?" You say.

"Xadia's to the east right? So is the Banther Lodge. It's on the way." He says. "Oh, great. I'm sure it won't be crawling with humans." You say sarcastically. "Humans that are looking for you and want to KILL me and Rayla! Yay!" You say and cross your arms as you turn away. "No, it's the winter lodge. It's been empty for months. Trust me." He says.

You don't respond. He sighs. "Look...
Y/n. Princes are supposed to be good at things. Uh, sword fighting, leadership.. riding horses. But I've always been kinda bad at, well, everything. So when i tried that spell, i was sure I'd end up on fire or covered in spiders... But it worked. And then you called me a Mage, and that felt... Right." He says. You look at him and uncross your arms.