Chapitre vingt-cinq : À celui aux yeux d'or

The butterfly soon entered the classroom, mid the lesson ongoing. Students were writing the given scriptures that Lan Qiren was just briefly summarizing before he stopped talking.

[Ah, it's Wuxian.]

Lan Qiren opened his palm and a scroll was given to him.

"What's this?"

He opened it up as the butterfly rested on his hair like it's a flower, along with other butterflies that usually swarmed around the three Lans'. Students can't help but stare and be confused.

[Lan Qiren was possessed.]

The only thought they had for the past weeks. Lan Qirens' eyes widened, it was a portrait of his nephew sitting on the table and playing with butterflies in hand. It was so detailed and the color of the paint was mixed well enough to call a fine piece of art.

"Excuse me."

Lan Qiren cleared his throat before walking to the back of the classroom with Lan Xichen following behind after instructing Lan Wangji to look after the class. Lan Qiren took the butterfly in hand as it started delivering the message given to them.

"Ah, I see."

"Madam Yu seems to have heard about Young Master Jiang's punishment. Uncle, she is indeed a powerful woman."

"You can say that."

"But with the portrait. I never knew that Wuxian was that talented. Wangji would be happy to have that."

"Give it to him after the lesson, you keep it safe for now."

"Wuxian has made a nest in your heart, has he, Uncle?"

"That child is merely a student that I failed to get to know. He may be as troublesome as a mosquito that won't die but he is indeed a great child. I would like to have him back as a student and wouldn't mind him staying here. He's a good child."

[I'm glad you're starting to show more emotions, Uncle. Wuxian really has great influence, what a great boy he is.]

"Let's go back, we can't leave the class unattended for that long."

"Mn."

Lan Xichen followed behind his uncle with that same Oh-I'm-Innocent-but-I-picture-my-little-brother-and-Wei-Wuxian-being-a-happy-couple smile. With the lessons resuming in a giddy.

Later on, Lan Xichen catched up on Lan Wangji who was on his way to the library again.

"Wangji, Wuxian sent this to you."

"Me?"

Lan Wangji stopped in his steps and turned around, a little shine in his eyes.

"Mn, here you go."

Lan Wangji took the scroll in hand before he bowed to his elder brother and respectfully walked away with a heart he is trying to calm down. Ears now starting to overheat as he entered the library and locking those big doors he just came through in a whim. Going to his desk as he opened up the scroll and paused. It was him again but more finely drawn. Colors overlapping others and colors that mixed in hue. It was beautiful. Slightly a blush was creeping under Lan Wangjis' eyes, mouth quivering as he forced himself not to explode in joy and love.

[I must be going crazy.]

The internal conflict went on as he held his beating heart. Did he just like someone?

[I mean I'm not wrong but I do see him as a friend. He's good company but he's too noisy. Voice that doesn't stop cause he keeps on talking... Has a lot of weird habits that are unique... Very likable and is... Wait-]