THE END IS NEAR: PART 2

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Lord uncle" Robb told Edmure "but I fear the battle was less impressive than you have been told".

He then turned to the Blackfish "Uncle Brynden, I have heard about your victory in Maidenpool" Robb thanked his great-uncle "You did a good job in saving The Riverlands in my absence"

The Blackfish just nodded at his King's praise.

Robb then turned around and walked to the man standing in the back. The man was an old, short, stout man with white hair and cat-like whiskers growing out of his white beard . He wore chainmail and armour with sigils of House Cassel.

"Ser Rodrik" Robb greeted the man warmly "It's great to see you again".

Ser Rodrik Cassel, the Master Of Arms, back in Winterfell bowed lowly "Your Grace, it warms my old heart to see you once again".

"None of that, Ser" Robb stopped his former Master Of Arms from bowing "You trained me from, when I was but a green boy".

"And Now you are a King, Your Grace" Ser Rodrik said with pride, looking at young man he had once trained "Lord Eddard would have been proud of you".

"As you say" Robb smiled sadly, because deep inside he knew his father would never be proud of him. Many people said that Lord Eddard Stark was made of ice,  always grim, tough and serious. But Robb knew better.

His father may have been grim and cold, but inside he was an honourable man with a warm heart, a man who above all else loved his family. And Robb knows his father would never be happy to see all this bloodshed and suffering.

Robb shook his sadness before looking at the ageing knight seriously "Let's go inside and freshen up, we will be having a war council, in an hour" He said "But for the time being, tell me how my siblings are doing"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All the lords of The North and The Riverlands are gathered around the table, to discuss their further plans for the future.

Before the council began, Robb had spent his time with Ser Rodrik, asking the old Knight about the whereabouts of his brothers and sister. 

According to him, Brandon had done incredibly well in ruling Winterfell and Wintercity, during his and Ser Rodrik's absence. Taking care of the small folk and helping them in the final crops harvest before the winter set in.

His sister Arya too had helped Brandon in his ruling and she had also helped Rickon in his lessons with Maester Luwin.

All of this made Robb immensely proud of his younger siblings. Ruling a huge and harsh kingdom like The North is very difficult, and his younger siblings had done that perfectly well, and in times of war no less.

He broke out of his musings and looked at the map. The map only covered the regions of The Riverlands and The Crownlands, as this two Kingdoms are the main theatre of the war.

He looked at Ser Brynden "What the scouts say about our enemy moment, uncle".

The Blackfish straightened his back, as he was being addressed by the King.

"Our scouts reported that the enemy army is amasing around the Kingswood, your grace" His great-uncle reported "Lord Tarly have removed his troops from the King's Road, no doubt he wants to join the main host".