"But I had no control over it. I had been placed under a very powerful genjutsu, forcing me to do whatever the man wanted who had put it on me." He defended himself. Naruto had to sit down, as his head began to hurt. They had said that the Uzumakis of the past had no connection to him and that the Hokage had given him that name, because he didn't know who his parents were. It was all too much, here he thought he was an orphan because his parents were nobodies and had left him alone of their own will, only to find out that they had been the most prominent and powerful pair of their generation and that they had left him, because they had died. And worst of all, he was sitting across from the thing that had killed them. Clutching his head, he winced as the headache grew stronger. Kurama didn't know what was going on in the head of the boy, but he waited patiently as the blonde tried to figure it out for himself.

"Who?" Was the first thing Naruto asked, as his headache swelled down.

"I don't know, I only know that the person had the sharingan." Kurama admitted.

They had talked about that day in their break, the other kids sharing stories not knowing that Naruto had not been sleeping. Iruka had overheard them and decided that he would clear out the rumors and give them the facts, better than to have the kids running around spreading more false stories.

He had said that Kushina Uzumaki's seal was weakened because she had just given birth and that because of that an unknown intruder was able to free the Kyuubi and set it loose on the village. He had also told them how Minato and Kushina had sealed the Kyuubi away again, but that it sadly cost their lives and that they had found their son dead with them. He had neglected to tell them what the bijuu had been sealed into.

"How were they? I mean personally, everyone knows the feared yellow flash and the red hot-blooded habanero as fierce fighters, but what were they like on a personal level?" Naruto asked, fighting down another wave of headaches.

"They were the kindest people I know. Sure, they could kick almost anyone's ass in a fight, but both didn't want to fight. Kushina wanted to live a happy, calm life with Minato and eventually you, when she found out that she was pregnant. Minato knew early on that he would be Hokage, simply because of his prowess as a shinobi, so he had dedicated his time to studying as much as possible, trying to be the best Hokage for the village. When he found out that Kushina was pregnant, he reintroduced the job of the Hokage's receptionist, that the third had gotten rid of, just so that he could spend some time with her and eventually you. They both loved you very much" Kurama said.

They spent a long night talking about the two strangers to Naruto.

Remembering that night, Naruto smiled sadly. Who would have known that the boy everyone despised is the son of the most beloved man in the village.

Scoffing, Naruto sat down the scroll on his back, sitting down next to it, watching the wood surrounding him. Smiling slightly as he sensed the Anbu sitting in the trees, he felt grateful towards the fox who had been responsible for Naruto being a sensor. He closed his eyes and waited for Mizuki to arrive.

The grey haired chunin arrived a few minutes later, looking rather distressed, as he jumped out of the trees. His face lit up when he saw Naruto sitting in front of the small house.

"Naruto! Thank god. I thought you had been caught. The whole village is swarming with Anbu and Jonin, searching for the scroll." He exclaimed as he came to a halt in front of the blonde boy.

"Quick, we don't have much time. We need to give the scroll back." Mizuki stated, reaching out for Naruto to give him the scroll, that he had put in his lap.

"Where is my headband?" The student asked, refusing to hand over the scroll, before he got his genin rank.

"Here, now give me the damn scroll." Mizuki almost screamed as he threw a black headband on the ground before the blonde. Wordlessly Naruto handed the scroll to the chunin, as he took the headband from the ground. A wicked smile spread across the man's face, as he quickly put the scroll on his back.