At that time, An Chang Qing had only thought that An Zhi Ke did not like him. But now he clearly understood, An Zhi Ke had been well aware of what had happened, he just did not want to sow discord with An Zhi Zhou over an unimportant son, and hence, he had feigned ignorance.

When hatred had reached a certain depth, only a burst of emptiness remained. Looking at An Zhi Ke in panic, An Chang Qing suddenly laughed, "You want me to let him go? I don't think so! If An Changqi dies, what kind of reaction do you think the second uncle and his wife will have?"

His voice was drifting like a ghost's, making Xiao Zhige incredibly worried. He called out to him softly.

"What are going to do?" An Zhi Ke saw the malevolence in his eyes and frowned. He softened his tone, "You'll gain nothing from killing him. Why don't you let him see a doctor first? After that, everything else is up to you."

An Chang Qing sneered, "Do you think I'm as gullible as a three-year-old?"

He then pulled out a dagger and slowly walked towards An Changqi who had passed out due to the pain.

"Chang Qing!" Xiao Zhige saw what he was about to do and held him back.

An Chang Qing turned to look at him with emptiness in his eyes. Xiao Zhige was deeply concerned. He gently caressed his face and whispered in his ears, "I'm here, do not dirty your hands."

An Chang Qing lowered his hand and Xiao Zhige seized the chance and forcefully retrieved the dagger from his grip. He then threw it in the grass and approached An Changqi with his spear in hand.

"Wangye!" An Zhi Ke exclaimed. He wanted to come forward but was paralyzed by the ferocity in his eyes. For a moment, he could only stay rooted in place.

"The Prime Minister does not have to worry, I will not kill him," Xiao Zhige cast him a sinister smile. Like a debt-collecting demon, he chopped off An Changqi's 'leg' with his spear.

Being struck with another pang of severe pain, the unconscious An Changqi woke up and covered his crotch area. He uttered a shrill cry before passing out again. In the withered grass where he laid, a pool of blood was forming under his body.

Xiao Zhige retrieved his spear and looked at the flabbergasted An Zhi Ke. Implying a threat, he said, "I've spared his life, the rest is up to Prime Minister An to deal with. I don't suppose you'll be willing to address this matter to the Emperor with me, right?"

An Zhi Ke knew that An Changqi was the one at fault. Moreover, him harboring an indecent lust for his cousin was an unacceptable scandal that would tarnish the An family's hundred-year reputation. An Zhi Ke could only grit his teeth and concede to Xiao Zhige's threat.

Seeing the blood-soaked An Changqi, he hastily bowed and called for someone to carry him away.

When no outsiders were around, Xiao Zhige tenderly touched An Chang Qing's cheek. He sighed, "Why are you so foolish? Killing him is too merciful. And you'll be taking the blame for An Zhi Ke."

"Let me teach you how to get your revenge," Xiao Zhige rubbed the corner of his red eyes, "An Changqi will definitely die in three days and An Zhi Ke will no longer know peace. How about that?"

An Chang Qing looked up at him. The brim of his eyes were thoroughly red but he stubbornly refused to cry. Although there was anger in his eyes, the sight of him gritting his teeth with wide-opened eyes was still endearing.

Xiao Zhige sighed. He placed An Chang Qing's head on his shoulder and the powerful hand gently patted his back, "If you want to cry, go ahead."

An Chang Qing opened his mouth and wailed as his tears flowed down uncontrollably, wetting Xiao Zhige's shoulder. Xiao Zhige continued to stroke his back slowly. His movements, although unnatural, were extremely gentle.