1. Introduction

(This story starts off a bit crap at the start, I'll admit. The first few chapters were written when I wasn't very good at writing. I'll rewrite most of them as soon as the story is finished, but for now, new-reader, bear with the first few chapters for some actual decent (?) chapters and plots. I'll admit, from like chapter 15 and onwards, the plot is actually the best I've ever written. But please remember to vote on every chapter. Anyway - Thanks xx)

It hurt.

It hurt more than anything, ached more than anyone. It hurt more than any funeral, more than any let down, more than any disappointment. It hurt more than that one time she was one mark away from reaching top marks. It hurt more than when she lost her favourite toy, or when her grandmother's dog had to be put down.

She could even stretch to say it hurt almost as much as losing her mum. Because it did.

He had always promised to never leave her. He swore that he would never leave her. They were just friends, yet she yearned to be more. So much more. And so they were.

He had left her, crushed her soul, and it left her heart broken into millions upon millions of pieces.

That was seven years ago. She had finally moved on. She had a beautiful child and a steady job. Oh, her sweet little girl. Her sweet little Grace. Little Grace Tiffany Oswald with her cute little nose, dark brown hair and green eyes. Clara never knew Grace's father, or so she claimed, so naturally, her surname was Oswald. Oh, that child, with the cute yet cheeky grin and beautiful, kind heart.

It was a typical Wednesday morning. Grace, the little goofball, was running around the kitchen, sporting a Nutella moustache as she devoured a piece of toast lathered in chocolate spread. Clara was gathering her hair into a ponytail, getting ready to take Grace to school before going to her own job in Coal Hill.

Til she heard that noise. That sickeningly familiar vworp vworp that hadn't filled her ears for over 7 years.

The TARDIS.