"Alright, um-" she started and let out a breathe "-now then, remember, just because we've made it so far up the tournament so far, it does not guarantee us a spot in the final. Is that clear?"

Silence.

Great.

"Good." She nodded and hopped off the bench.

And the gruelling training began.

———

After ending training with a friendly game (the prize being the opposition buying butterbeers for the other team if they lost), everyone headed back to shower. The girls helped Tilly carry back all her kindly appreciated gifts and got showered and ready for the day.

Sometimes Theo would come and watch ISQ practice, Tilly thought that today- out of all days- he might've come to watch. She didn't see him in the stands, but maybe she missed him? She shook it off and didn't fret, but couldn't help the feeling of uneasiness when she saw his spot at the Slytherin table empty.

Nevertheless, she didn't want to pressure it. She painted a smile on her face, she may of laughed at jokes a little less but no one seemed to notice. And she was thankful for that. The last she wanted was to be smothered on her birthday.

Today she wore a beige knit jumper from Mrs Weasley a few years ago, she had made it a little too big so it fit nicely now she has grown into it a bit. Underneath a white blouse, paired with a brown tartan skirt, tights with her Doc Martens. Her hair was curled, thanks to Jessica, and Kittie had given her a new lipstick which she gladly applied.

But no matter the amount of birthday wishes she was granted, the one wish she hoped would come true was for him to walk through the doors of the Great Hall. Draco had noticed her constant peering around the room and attempted to ease her with a small smile. Tilly may have been appreciative of his action but if didn't do much to assist her on the whereabouts of Theo.

———

After a fulfilling breakfast of waffles with fresh whipped cream and fruit, Pansy dragged Tilly back to the Slytherin common room. Each of the friends wanted to give her their gifts.

"Here! Open mine first!" Blaise begged, shoving a small stack of presents in her face so far she rested backwards in her seat on the sofa by the fire.

"Easy, Zabini" Draco chuckled, shaking his head at Blaise's usual eagerness.

"Sorry, sorry. I mean- do what you want, it's your day. You don't have to open mine first, I just really want you to have it. I hope you like it though, I really do. I put a lot of thought into it. I mean we've missed time and I wanted to make up for it. But I don't want to pressure you, it's your birthday after all. But-" Blaise spilled out junk and waffle about apologies and justifications until Pansy placed a hand on his arm.

"Blaise-"she eased "- you're rambling again."

"Sorry, anyways. The point is, happy birthday Tilly." He smiled and scratched the back of his neck and wrapped his other arm round Pansy's waist after placing his gift on the coffee table.

"I'll open yours first" Tilly laughed lightly when Blaise's eyes lit up, and when he quickly tried to cover his excitement with a cough.

"Yeah, yeah whatever" he brushed off and nodded quickly, a ghost of a smile on his face. Pansy rolled her eyes at his behaviour, Draco doing the same.

From Blaise she got a pair of sapphire earrings (her birthstone), a pair of woollen socks, a new quill and three chocolate frogs.

From Pansy she got a red lipstick, some liquid eyeliner and a new black dress. It had long sleeves that puffed ever so slightly at the shoulders, fit with a square neck and ruching along the sides of the sleeves and the sides of the dress. It had a very flattering seam of ruching along the middle of the back and looked as if it would hug her waist and hips perfectly.